Symbol not found: _PQconnectdb

Christian

Dec 10, 2015, 6:43:43 PM12/10/15
to ruby-pg
Hi group,

I've been trying for days to get pg 0.14.1 running on my system (ruby 1.8.7, El Capitan). This has worked great for a long time, but suddenly a couple of days ago, after reinstalling gems, this happens when I do the first query in rails console:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _PQconnectdb

  Referenced from: /Users/christian/Documents/Development/onelogin.com/vendor/bundle/gems/pg-0.14.1/lib/pg_ext.bundle

  Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: _PQconnectdb

  Referenced from: /Users/christian/Documents/Development/onelogin.com/vendor/bundle/gems/pg-0.14.1/lib/pg_ext.bundle

  Expected in: flat namespace

Trace/BPT trap: 5

Any idea what I need to do to get pg linked correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

- Christian

Lars Kanis

Dec 11, 2015, 12:19:02 PM12/11/15
to rub...@googlegroups.com
This is quite sure a mismatch between build time and run time environment. Maybe pg_config points to a library (libpq), that is not in the library load paths. Google search shows some issues of this kind, that could be helpful for you.

--
Regards, Lars