Net::LDAP empty search result

jhoh...@gmx.net

Jan 23, 2017, 12:09:52 PM1/23/17
to Ruby LDAP
Hello,

I'm trying to get redmine work with our Novell NetIQ LDAP Server.
But the search function only gives me a empty result (While returning true, if return_result is set to false)
If I trigger the search with Apache Directory Studio I get the expected result. I'm using the same credentials and the same filters.

The redmine installation also works with an alternative LDAP server.
And the bind with the server does not report a failure.

Net-Ldavp Version: '0.15.0'
Server Version: LDAP Agent for NetIQ eDirectory 9.0.2 (40004.54)

Any ideas, how I can further debug my issue?

jhoh...@gmx.net

Jan 26, 2017, 8:50:20 AM1/26/17
to Ruby LDAP
We solved the problem ourselves.

There was a bug in the eDirectory which affected the paged search.