Aplpha suffixes in versions

byrnejb

Dec 10, 2013, 10:16:29 AM12/10/13
to ruby-b...@googlegroups.com
OS = CentOS-6.5 (RHEL6)
Ruby = 2.0.0p353
Bundler = 1.3.5

I generated a new gem project using bundle gem and modified the version.rb to include "Alpha" as the suffix (00.00.00Alpha).  Bundle install runs.  But when I try to run cucumber via bundle exec I get this error:

You have requested:
  hll_th_hp3000_billing >= 0

The bundle currently has hll_th_hp3000_billing locked at 00.000.0000Alpha.
Try running `bundle update hll_th_hp3000_billing`
Run `bundle install` to install missing gems.

Nothing that I have discovered will cure this except removing the Alpha suffix from the version (00.00.00).  Any alpha suffix (rc1 for instance) causes the same error.  Is this a bug?

Xavier Shay

Dec 10, 2013, 10:46:34 AM12/10/13
to ruby-b...@googlegroups.com
No.

You can't have an alpha release of a version 0, it doesn't really make sense. (alpha 0 < actual 0)

Try an alpha release of 0.0.1

(btw 00.00.00 looks weird and isn't a think ruby projects do)

Cheers,
Xavier