Could not find rake-10.3.2.gem for installation

Michael Franzl

Jun 3, 2015, 7:16:07 PM6/3/15
to ruby-b...@googlegroups.com
I'm running `bundle package` in my Rails project. I get the error message

    Could not find rake-10.3.2.gem for installation

What does that mean (other than the obvious) and how can I debug?

Tim Moore

Jun 6, 2015, 10:00:48 PM6/6/15
to ruby-b...@googlegroups.com
Most likely, it means there is an error in your Gemfile or .bundle/config file that prevents Bundler from finding the gem on rubygems.org. This may be due to a remembered option from a previous run of `bundle install`, such as `bundle install --local`.

It would help if you could provide more details, including the full output from the `bundle package` command, and from `bundle env` (which prints out your active configuration, Gemfile, Gemfile.lock and version information).

There are some general troubleshooting tips at https://github.com/bundler/bundler/blob/master/ISSUES.md