Doubt about bundle install

Katherine

Jul 23, 2014, 4:57:17 AM7/23/14
to ruby-b...@googlegroups.com
As we know,
bundle install command or bundle install --system command will check vendor/cache of an app at first and then system cache, if the gem doesn't  exist in both of them, it will install from internet into system cache,
bundle install --deployment command or bundle install --path vendor/bundle command will install from internet into vendor/bundle directory directly,
but --system and --deployment or --path options can not coexist .
Now I want bundle install can check system cache(there has no vendor/cache exist) at first, if exists, it will download it form system cache ,if doesn't exist, it will install from internet into vendor/bundle directory other than system cache.
how  can I achieve that goal?

André Arko

Jul 23, 2014, 2:07:24 PM7/23/14
to ruby-b...@googlegroups.com
Hi Katherine,

There is already a ticket about this: https://github.com/bundler/bundler/issues/3106

Unfortunately that is not possible.

Katherine

Jul 23, 2014, 8:47:20 PM7/23/14
to ruby-b...@googlegroups.com
Ok, but I have another question , whether bundle will provide this feature in the future?

在 2014年7月24日星期四UTC+8上午2时07分24秒,Andre Arko写道:

Xavier Shay

Jul 24, 2014, 9:49:50 AM7/24/14
to ruby-b...@googlegroups.com

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014, at 10:47 AM, Katherine wrote:
Ok, but I have another question , whether bundle will provide this feature in the future?
from the ticket:

"If you would like to hire me to implement the feature immediately, just email me privately."

bundler is an open source project that is worked on in our spare time, and we don't provide estimates for future features.

You are welcome to contribute though! :)

Cheers,
Xavier