Why is bundle downloading all the previous versions of gems?

Visto 35 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Ollie Glass

no leída,
19 dic 2013, 7:44:4719/12/13
a ruby-b...@googlegroups.com
I'm using bundle install to install the gems from a project. It's doing something I've not seen before, it seems to be downloading all the previous versions of the gems required, and their dependencies. Here's an excerpt:

HTTP Redirection
HTTP Success
HTTP Redirection
HTTP Success
HTTP Redirection
HTTP Success
HTTP Redirection
HTTP Success
HTTP Redirection
HTTP Success
HTTP Redirection
HTTP Success
HTTP Redirection
HTTP Success
HTTP Redirection
HTTP Success
HTTP Redirection
HTTP Success
HTTP Redirection
HTTP Success

It's taking a very long time. Is this necessary, or can I just have it retrieve the latest versions of gems?

Thanks,

Ollie

Andre Arko

no leída,
19 dic 2013, 14:44:4119/12/13
a ruby-b...@googlegroups.com
This is a bug in Bundler that only activates when the Bundler dependency API is down. The latest version of Bundler (you can try the release candidate with `gem install bundler --pre` has fixed the bug, and the dependency API is back up. All that to say, no, that's not normal. :)
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos