ArgumentError: wrong number of arguments calling 'start_ruboto_activity' (4 for 2)

jagu...@googlemail.com

Feb 25, 2014, 4:41:30 AM2/25/14
to rub...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am trying to run the script iCamTest.rb on Ruboto IRB v0.9.1 together with Ruboto Core v1.0.0
It throw an ArgumentError: wrong number of arguments calling 'start_ruboto_activity' (4 for 2) at iCamTest.rb:1257

line:
$irb.start_ruboto_activity "$camera_demo", RubotoActivity, R.style::Theme_NoTitleBar_Fullscreen,
                             :class_name => "ICamTest"

It seems to be running on Core v0.8

Can you help me to adapt the start_ruboto_activity method to work with Core v1.0.0 ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Markus

jagu...@googlemail.com

Feb 26, 2014, 4:58:10 AM2/26/14
to rub...@googlegroups.com
Same error using the demo script demo-camera.rb.
Other scripts like demo-ruboto.rb work fine.

Scott

Feb 27, 2014, 10:40:31 AM2/27/14
to rub...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcus,

That must be an old script. I'll look into that demo. Try:

$irb.start_ruboto_activity :theme => R.style::Theme_NoTitleBar_Fullscreen,
                             :class_name => "ICamTest"

Pradeep Sethi

Jun 23, 2014, 6:23:39 AM6/23/14
to rub...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott

Same change needs to be done here as well, I guess

Worked for me after the change.

Thanks,
Pradeep

Roy Obrecht

Dec 7, 2015, 3:51:25 AM12/7/15
to Ruboto (JRuby on Android)
A year later... FYI. Latest camera script fix.

After a fresh install (after uninstalling all ruboto including core and deleting jruby dir and contents) I still had the same error with the demo-camera.rb script.

I then fixed as per above (replacing the last line and editing the the same line with class CameraDemo,it worked but complained about class_name being depreciated.

The new correct last line syntax in demo-camera.rb should be replaced with the following line:

$irb.start_ruboto_activity CameraDemo, :theme => R.style::Theme_NoTitleBar_Fullscreen

No errors:)

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers,

Roy Obrecht