[USACS] Tutorial from tonight's Hacker Hour

Devon Peticolas

Mar 1, 2013, 10:13:10 PM3/1/13
to ru...@googlegroups.com
First, thank you to everyone who made it out to hacker hour tonight!

I hope you guys learned a lot. Like I mentioned earlier tonight, I've written a step by step tutorial that went along with the talk as a README on GitHub. If there's something you didn't fully understand, or missed in tonight's talk, check it out here: https://github.com/dpeticol/Game-Development-in-Javascript-Tutorial

Next week will be the second and last part of this talk. We'll be talking about JavaScript objects, collision detection, keyboard input, and building our own version of Pong. By the end of next weeks talk you should have all the basics you need to get started making simple games in JavaScript with canvas.

Looking forward to next weeks talk!

Love,
Devon

--