asn.rspamd.com down?

Felix Schwarz

Feb 24, 2018, 10:16:11 AM2/24/18
to rspamd
Hey,

I'm using rspamd 1.6.6 and since 0800 UTC+1 I see a lot of error messages like
this: "lua; asn.lua:63: error querying dns: server fail"
(I suspect this error disables the ip_score module.)

What's the best way to report/get notifications about problems in the rspamd
infrastructure?

regards,
Felix

Felix Schwarz

Feb 24, 2018, 11:13:13 AM2/24/18
to rspamd

just wanted to mention that the services seems to be back up since ~1700
UTC+1. Still it would be nice to know what caused this/if it is possible to
set up a local instance of asn.rspamd.com to avoid external dependencies...
br,
Felix

Vsevolod Stakhov

Feb 24, 2018, 2:23:42 PM2/24/18
to Felix Schwarz, rspamd
I'm sorry about it: there was some issues with the baremetal server
today and yesterday. I will add some redundancy to this service soon.
You can set your local asn service using `utils/asn.pl` script in Rspamd
distribution.

Felix Schwarz

Feb 24, 2018, 2:47:49 PM2/24/18
to rspamd
Am 24.02.2018 um 20:23 schrieb Vsevolod Stakhov:
> I'm sorry about it: there was some issues with the baremetal server
> today and yesterday. I will add some redundancy to this service soon.
> You can set your local asn service using `utils/asn.pl` script in Rspamd
> distribution.

Not a big deal - just nice to see that our monitoring did catch this :-)
Even better to know that rspamd is really not tied to proprietary 3rd party
services even if it uses some stuff on rspamd.com by default.

Also last week I wrote my first rspamd lua rule and I'd like to say thank you
for the nice lua API documentation. I spent most of the time on looking up how
to do things in lua while the rspamd API was really easy to use :-)

regards,
Felix

Bill Pye

Feb 25, 2018, 9:09:28 AM2/25/18
to rspamd
I don't see any such file or directory in my CentOS7 install of rspamd:

repoquery --installed -l rspamd | grep asn
/etc/rspamd/modules.d/asn.conf
/usr/share/rspamd/lua/asn.lua

[root@mail01 ~]# repoquery --installed -l rspamd | grep asn.pl
[root@mail01 ~]#

Am I missing something or is it not included with this build?

Felix Schwarz

Feb 27, 2018, 9:23:53 AM2/27/18
to rspamd

Am 25.02.2018 um 15:09 schrieb Bill Pye:
> Am I missing something or is it not included with this build?

probably so - I did not check the "official" rspamd spec file but my local
build (which was derived from rspamd's a long time ago) does not package
things in /utils.

Probably you found the script yourself but just in case:
https://github.com/vstakhov/rspamd/blob/master/utils/asn.pl

Felix

Bill Pye

Feb 27, 2018, 1:54:49 PM2/27/18
to rspamd
Thanks Felix

I did find that script but didn't have time to check it, unfortunately I got sidetracked by other things. I will have a better look at it but I'm not sure I need a local copy of those files, and temporary outages doesn't really cause me any problems.

Thanks again

Bill

charlesg...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2018, 2:59:31 PM3/1/18
to rspamd
The asn.pl script creates a dns zone file. But I do not know how to use it with bind or unbound.
who knows how to use it?

Tanks.

Andrew Lewis

Mar 1, 2018, 3:13:06 PM3/1/18
to rsp...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

> The asn.pl script creates a dns zone file. But I do not know how to use it
> with bind or unbound.
> who knows how to use it?

It works with rbldnsd: http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/rbldnsd.html

Best,