quarantine emails instead of rejecting them

Florian R

Jan 22, 2017, 3:11:32 PM1/22/17
to rspamd
Hello,

I am an amavis/spamassassin user thinking about transitioning to rspamd (colleagues would love to have a GUI ;)). Is it possible to quarantine spam mails to a specified spam mailbox instead of rejecting them? Also in amavis it is possible to configure if spam emails are rejected or discarded (this would be important if rspamd is not the front-end mta).

Thank you very much in advance
cheers
florian

Andrew Lewis

Jan 22, 2017, 3:38:02 PM1/22/17
to rsp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian,

> I am an amavis/spamassassin user thinking about transitioning to rspamd
> (colleagues would love to have a GUI ;)). Is it possible to quarantine spam
> mails to a specified spam mailbox instead of rejecting them? Also in amavis
> it is possible to configure if spam emails are rejected or discarded (this
> would be important if rspamd is not the front-end mta).

I suppose you are looking at using rmilter (possible answers to these
questions are mostly dependent on integration/particulars of your
setup)- in such case you could set `spamd_never_reject = true;` to
disable rejection: https://rspamd.com/rmilter/configuration.html
(`reject` action could be removed or rescored in rspamd's metric).
Discarding mail could be done by Sieve or similar.

Haraka or Exim could be options and are highly configurable. Likely
Postfix is somewhat configurable too but I don't know much about it/it
looks harder.

Best,
-AL.

Florian R

Jan 22, 2017, 4:15:18 PM1/22/17
to rspamd
Hi Andrew,

thank you very much for the fast reply! I am basically using the recommended standard configuration from the rspamd documentation (postfix, rmilter, redis, nginx and rspamd of course).
The `spamd_never_reject = true;` definitely should fix the problem with the non frontend-mtas.
But I am still searching for a possibility to quarantine mails. Is there an option  within the rspamd setup or do I have to solve this via my MDA and/or sieve?

Thanks again
florian

Andrew Lewis

Jan 23, 2017, 2:52:55 AM1/23/17
to rsp...@googlegroups.com

Hi Florian,

> But I am still searching for a possibility to quarantine mails. Is there an
> option within the rspamd setup or do I have to solve this via my MDA
> and/or sieve?

Quarantining could mean different things- but whichever way you define
this Rspamd/Rmilter has no direct support for such- you'd want to use
Sieve or something else for this.

Best,
-AL.

Dan Swartzendruber

Jan 30, 2017, 3:38:16 PM1/30/17
to rspamd

I use dovecot+sieve for this, and it works exactly as desired.  Everything flagged as spam gets moved to the Junk folder.  Rule is:

require ["fileinto", "mailbox"];

if header :is "X-Spam" "Yes" {
  fileinto :create "Junk";
}