Modify metrics

Thomas Plant

Sep 15, 2017, 4:35:34 AM9/15/17
to rspamd
Hello all,

I'm trying to modify the metrics settings for the symbol group "phishing" (just as an example), but when I add in rspamd.conf.local

metric {
    name
= "default";

group "phishing" {
        max_score
= 10.0;

}
}

I does not modify the "phishing" group, instead as "rspamadm configdump metric" shows, it appends the value at the add end of the metrics section.
.
.
.
. standard metric settings above
*** End of section metric ***
*** Section metric ***
name
= "default";
group {
    phishing
{
        max_score
= 10.0;

}
}

*** End of section metric ***

Any tips how to do it the right way?

Thanks,
Thomas

Toxa

Sep 15, 2017, 7:08:31 AM9/15/17
to rspamd
you probably should do it in override.d/metrics.conf ?

Thomas Plant

Sep 15, 2017, 9:14:36 AM9/15/17
to rspamd
Tried already,

it overwrites the entire metrics.conf.

Or do I have to put the entire content of metrics.conf in override/metrics.conf and modify the values?

Toxa

Sep 15, 2017, 10:22:15 AM9/15/17
to rspamd

do you put "metric {" in override.d/metrics.conf? You shouldn't. Just the symbols you want to override.

Thomas Plant

Sep 16, 2017, 4:00:21 AM9/16/17
to rspamd
Hi, getting confused with these ;-)

no "metric {" in the override.d/metrics.conf.

For example I put

symbol {
    PHISHED_PHISHTANK {
        weight = 12.0;
 }

in override.d/metrics.conf it to raise the weight (just for testing), and the symbol is appended to the end of the output 'rspamadm configdump metric'. The settings of the symbols in the "group phishing" are not touched. Tried to put the complete group "phishing" in it and modifying the values, the entire metrics.conf is overridden with the content of override.d/metrics.conf. All other settings are gone

Greetings,
Thomas

Thomas Plant

Sep 16, 2017, 4:11:35 AM9/16/17
to rspamd
Think I got it.

Getting old ;-) did not come to mind to look in the web UI. The rspamadm configdump looks confusing, but in the end the modified symbol values are applied to the phishing symbols in this case looking at the symbols in the UI. Am I right in the assumption, that the symbols at the end of the 'rspamadm configdump' override the symbols in the 'phishing group' having the same name?