Install on Centos 6 from source?

marc perkel

Dec 14, 2015, 1:06:44 PM12/14/15
to rspamd
I downloaded the source but there's no instructions on how to install it. No INSTALL file. What do I do to compile it?

Andrew Lewis

Dec 14, 2015, 1:34:39 PM12/14/15
to rsp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc,

Instructions for building from source are here:
https://rspamd.com/doc/quickstart.html#build-from-sources

Best,
-AL.

Quoting marc perkel <grinz...@gmail.com>:

> I downloaded the source but there's no instructions on how to install it.
> No INSTALL file. What do I do to compile it?

marc perkel

Dec 14, 2015, 2:01:19 PM12/14/15
to rspamd

On Monday, December 14, 2015 at 10:06:44 AM UTC-8, marc perkel wrote:
I downloaded the source but there's no instructions on how to install it. No INSTALL file. What do I do to compile it?
Thanks for your help andrew. but having a problem.

 cmake ../rspamd
CMake Error: The source directory "/rspamd-1.0.10/rspamd" does not exist.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

Andrew Lewis

Dec 14, 2015, 2:32:38 PM12/14/15
to rsp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc,

> cmake ../rspamd
> CMake Error: The source directory "/rspamd-1.0.10/rspamd" does not exist.

It looks like you're in the wrong place or have run a wrong command
but I struggle to figure out quite how.

Steps as far as running `cmake` for a build from 1.0.10 tarball would be:

$ wget https://rspamd.com/downloads/rspamd-1.0.10.tar.xz
$ tar xf rspamd-1.0.10.tar.xz
$ mkdir rspamd.build
$ cd rspamd.build/
$ cmake ../rspamd-1.0.10

Best,
-AL.

Vsevolod Stakhov

Dec 14, 2015, 3:41:59 PM12/14/15
to marc perkel, rspamd
On 14/12/2015 18:06, marc perkel wrote:
> I downloaded the source but there's no instructions on how to install
> it. No INSTALL file. What do I do to compile it?

What's the reason in installing rspamd from sources when there are at
least 3 types of packages for centos 6:

- stable
- rolling optimized
- rolling generic

There are even spec/deb files for build packages from the sources...

--
Vsevolod Stakhov

Marc Perkel

Dec 14, 2015, 4:21:22 PM12/14/15
to Vsevolod Stakhov, rspamd
Old version:

rspamd.x86_64 0.9.9-1 @rspamd

Vsevolod Stakhov

Dec 14, 2015, 7:55:06 PM12/14/15
to Marc Perkel, rspamd
I have no ideas where did you get this package.

https://rspamd.com/doc/quickstart.html#installing-rspamd-from-packages
describes precisely all possible ways to install packages that are
*officially* supported. I did some job to keep everything clean and
updated properly but I still observe some very outdated versions of
rspamd in the wild. They are not supported obviously.

--
Vsevolod Stakhov

Marc Perkel

Dec 14, 2015, 8:12:30 PM12/14/15
to Vsevolod Stakhov, rspamd

On 12/14/15 16:55, Vsevolod Stakhov wrote:
> On 14/12/2015 21:21, Marc Perkel wrote:
>>>>
>>> What's the reason in installing rspamd from sources when there are at
>>> least 3 types of packages for centos 6:
>>>
>>> - stable
>>> - rolling optimized
>>> - rolling generic
>>>
>>> There are even spec/deb files for build packages from the sources...
>>>
>> Old version:
>>
>> rspamd.x86_64 0.9.9-1 @rspamd
>>
> I have no ideas where did you get this package.

I used yum. Here's my repo:

[rspamd]
name=Rspamd repository
baseurl=http://rspamd.com/CentOS/6/os/x86_64/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
repo_gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://rspamd.com/vsevolod.pubkey

Is this the right place to use?

Vsevolod Stakhov

Dec 15, 2015, 10:04:31 AM12/15/15
to Marc Perkel, rspamd
Oh, that repo is outdated and should be removed. I'm sorry about this
confusion.

--
Vsevolod Stakhov

Marc Perkel

Dec 15, 2015, 11:44:04 AM12/15/15
to Vsevolod Stakhov, rspamd
Kool! So - what should I be using for a repo?

Vsevolod Stakhov

Dec 15, 2015, 1:48:47 PM12/15/15
to Marc Perkel, rspamd
Stable line:

wget -O /etc/yum.repos.d/rspamd.repo
http://rspamd.com/rpm-stable/${YOUR_DISTRO}/rspamd.repo
rpm --import http://rspamd.com/rpm-stable/gpg.key
yum update
yum install rspamd

Rolling line (if you want new features):

wget -O /etc/yum.repos.d/rspamd-experimental.repo
http://rspamd.com/rpm/${YOUR_DISTRO}/rspamd-experimental.repo
rpm --import http://rspamd.com/rpm/gpg.key
yum update
yum install rspamd