Disable outbound scanning but enable DKIM Signing

Dominic Pratt

Dec 6, 2017, 9:32:51 AM12/6/17
to rspamd
Hi there,

we're very happy with RSpamD since it's much better to use than SpamAssassin.

However, we would like to disable outbound scanning and did this by creating a multimap.conf

IP_WHITELIST {
  type
= "ip";
  prefilter
= "true";
  map
= "/etc/rspamd/local.d/ip.map";
  action
= "accept";
}

and a ip.map:

127.0.0.1/32

We now like to enable DKIM Signing for all domains, but DKIM signing won't happen as long as we have the whitelist active.

Is there an easy option to disable outbound scanning but enable DKIM signing? I stumbled upon the settings module, but I'm not sure if I'm understanding that module correct...

Thanks in advance!

Christoffer G. Thomsen

Dec 6, 2017, 12:34:18 PM12/6/17
to rsp...@googlegroups.com
On 2017-12-06 15:32, Dominic Pratt wrote:
> Is there an easy option to *disable* outbound scanning but *enable* DKIM
> signing? I stumbled upon the settings module, but I'm not sure if I'm
> understanding that module correct...

Put this in your /etc/rspamd/rspamd.conf.local:

settings {
authenticated {
priority = high;
authenticated = yes;
apply "default" {
symbols_enabled = ["DKIM_SIGNED"];
}
}
}

It'll let Rspamd sign mail from authenticated users and skip all the
other stuff.

Dominic Pratt

Dec 8, 2017, 5:15:25 AM12/8/17
to rspamd
Hi Christoffer,

thank you for your reply!

I'm not sure if this is the fully correct answer, because RspamD seems to add Symbols to outgoing mail now:

FROM_EXCESS_QP(1.2)
 TO_EXCESS_QP
(1.2)
 URI_COUNT_ODD
(1)[5]
 MV_CASE
(0.5)
 MIME_GOOD
(-0.1)[multipart/alternative,text/plain]
 RCVD_NO_TLS_LAST
(0)
 DKIM_SIGNED
(0)
 FROM_EQ_ENVFROM
(0)
 ARC_NA
(0)
 HAS_X_PRIO_THREE
(0)[3]
 FROM_HAS_DN
(0)
 RCPT_COUNT_ONE
(0)[1]
 TO_MATCH_ENVRCPT_ALL
(0)
 RCVD_COUNT_TWO
(0)[2]
 TO_DN_EQ_ADDR_ALL
(0)

DKIM Signing is now enabled though.

Dominic Pratt

Dec 8, 2017, 5:17:18 AM12/8/17
to rspamd
I just stumbled upon the "Authenticated user" column, where every mail is marked as "unknown".

How can I fix this? The users are authenticated for sure... :-)

Christoffer G. Thomsen

Dec 8, 2017, 6:08:38 AM12/8/17
to rsp...@googlegroups.com
On 2017-12-08 11:17, Dominic Pratt wrote:
> I just stumbled upon the "Authenticated user" column, where every mail
> is marked as "unknown".
>
> How can I fix this? The users are authenticated for sure... :-)

Make sure that your MTA is passing auth info to rspamd. I am using
Rspamd as a Postfix milter, configured as described on this page:
https://rspamd.com/doc/integration.html