Scan mails from Getmail (Postfix/Dovecot)

Christian Schrötter

Sep 2, 2016, 7:55:13 AM9/2/16
to rspamd
Hi rspamd-users!

I want to scan all messages received by Getmail. What's the preferred way to achieve this?

Getmail is an IMAP/POP3 fetch client. It can execute external commands to deliver fetched messages, e.g. dovecot/deliver or sendmail.

I could reinject the messages with sendmail to Postfix and include rmilter. But local mails are whitelisted by default and I couldn't use the reject feature anymore. Furthermore SPF/DMARC checks within rspamd would possibly fail.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Regards,
Christian

Andrew Lewis

Sep 2, 2016, 8:35:57 AM9/2/16
to rsp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

> I want to scan all messages received by Getmail. What's the preferred way
> to achieve <http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/achieve.html> this?

Rspamd works best on the MX. It could work with downloaded mail but
would require tuning (stuff like SPF may not work correctly & is best
deactivated).

> I could reinject the messages with sendmail to Postfix and include rmilter.

You could use rspamc in LDA mode. Or MTA integration is another fine
possibility (Rmilter works with Sendmail too).

> But local mails are whitelisted by default and I couldn't use the reject
> feature anymore.

You could set `spamd { whitelist = ; }` in `rmilter.conf.local` to see
that mail from the localhost is scanned. Rspamd disables some checks
(SPF among others) for the localhost, this is fine.

You should *not* reject downloaded mail as you will generate backscatter.

Best,
-AL.

Alexander Moisseev

Sep 2, 2016, 10:03:04 AM9/2/16
to rsp...@googlegroups.com
On 02.09.2016 15:35, Andrew Lewis wrote:
> You could set `spamd { whitelist = ; }` in `rmilter.conf.local` to see that mail from the localhost is scanned. Rspamd disables some checks (SPF among others) for the localhost, this is fine.

Just for the record: there is a problem with `spamd { whitelist = ; }`
https://github.com/vstakhov/rmilter/issues/155

Christian Schrötter

Sep 2, 2016, 10:49:50 AM9/2/16
to rspamd
Sorry, forgot to CC the list...

Thanks for the hint about rspamc LDA mode. Works like a charm. I should have read the fucking manual! :-)

Regards,
Christian