discard_on_reject - not working?

Bill Pye

Aug 15, 2017, 9:30:21 AM8/15/17
to rspamd
Hi all

I've finally got round to doing come further testing on this option. I have action = "discard_on_reject=true" set in worker-proxy.inc (in local.d) and when I send a tes gtube email to my server I don't see any mention of it in the log files (in the rspamd web ui), however, it does show in my postfix maillog as a "reject" and it subsequently shows up in my gmail account with the error below:

The response from the remote server was:

554 5.7.1 Gtube pattern

Is this the expected response for a gtube email? Is there any other way to actually check this feature is discarding email rather than rejecting it? Can anyone confirm this feature is working and if it is, what am I likely to be doing wrong? Is a bug report needed on github for this?

I have mentioned this before but I think it would be useful if there was an error message in the rspamd log file confirming the mail had been discarded rather than rejected - it's somewhat easier than poring over the main log files on the server.

Regards

Bill

Bill Pye

Aug 15, 2017, 3:37:10 PM8/15/17
to rspamd

In addition to this I am still seeing in the web UI log that spam being rejected. I'm obviously being a bit dumb with this configuration and any pointers in the right direction would be gratefully accepted. :)

Vsevolod Stakhov

Aug 15, 2017, 4:19:53 PM8/15/17
to Bill Pye, rspamd
On 15/08/17 14:30, Bill Pye wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've finally got round to doing come further testing on this option. I
> have action = "discard_on_reject=true" set in worker-proxy.inc (in
> local.d) and when I send a tes gtube email to my server I don't see any
> mention of it in the log files (in the rspamd web ui), however, it does
> show in my postfix maillog as a "reject" and it subsequently shows up in
> my gmail account with the error below:

What is action = "discard_on_reject=true"? Can you show the output of
`rspamadm configdump worker` for rspamd_proxy type?

Vsevolod Stakhov

Aug 15, 2017, 4:20:19 PM8/15/17
to Bill Pye, rspamd
Yes, that's correct. Action is still `reject`.

Bill Pye

Aug 16, 2017, 12:34:04 AM8/16/17
to rspamd, bill....@gmail.com

The output form that command is:

rspamd_proxy {
    bind_socket = "*:11332";
    type = "proxy";
    milter = true;
    timeout = 120.0;
    upstream {
        local {
            default = true;
            hosts = "localhost";
            self_scan = true;
            action = "discard_on_reject=true";
        }
    }
    count = 1;
}

*** End of section worker ***

Vsevolod Stakhov

Aug 16, 2017, 3:18:06 AM8/16/17
to Bill Pye, rspamd
That should be in the top level of rspamd_proxy (not in the upstreams
setup) and action= is bogus. Just use:

rspamd_proxy {
discard_on_reject=true;
}

Bill Pye

Aug 16, 2017, 4:12:29 AM8/16/17
to rspamd, bill....@gmail.com

On Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 9:18:06 AM UTC+2, vsevolod wrote:

That should be in the top level of rspamd_proxy (not in the upstreams
setup) and action= is bogus. Just use:

rspamd_proxy {
 discard_on_reject=true;
}

Thanks for your reply. As I'm still a complete novice at this I'll obviously have to do a bit more studying - I'll make those changes.