and opendmarc

Patrick Pichon

May 27, 2016, 9:11:17 AM5/27/16
to rspamd
What should I do to activate opendmarc ?

So far I have created /etc/rspamd/local.d/dmarc.conf
cat local.d/dmarc.conf
    servers = "localhost:8893";
    key_prefix = "dmarc_"; # Keys would have format of dmarc_domain.com

But , how can I know that it is well activated ? And I do not see any traffic going to the opendmarc server, while I doubt I have not email issues ;-)

Andrew Lewis

May 27, 2016, 9:25:25 AM5/27/16
to rsp...@googlegroups.com

Hi Patrick,

Rspamd doesn't use OpenDMARC. If OpenDMARC phones home I don't know
why that is.

Default configuration (ie. `dmarc { }`) is enough for Rspamd to check
DMARC status of incoming mail and apply symbols (DMARC_POLICY_ALLOW
etc). You could set `servers` and `key_prefix` if you wanted to store
information in Redis for reporting purposes but since there is
currently no available tool to read this data out and generate/send
reports from it that is of limited use.

Best,
-AL.