GSoC 2k15

Shashank Naik

Mar 4, 2015, 4:52:15 AM3/4/15
to rsp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm Shashank Naik. third year undergraduate student at IIT(BHU) Varanasi, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, India.

I have good hands on experience in C, python, java and gwt. I have used eclipse as the IDE while using SVN as the subversion control. I have already started learning lua.

I'm interesting to actively participate this year GSoC for Rspamd. I am principally interested in working on project idea:"Recursion and DNSSEC support in rdns resolver" . Project idea:"Add language detection to rspamd" is also equally intresting.

Guidance on how to proceed further would be greatly helpful. I'm looking forward to work with you all.

(currently installing my developer environment and post to you if there are any issues with it)

Best Regards,
Shashank Naik
IIT(BHU), Varanasi

Vsevolod Stakhov

Mar 5, 2015, 6:50:46 AM3/5/15
to Shashank Naik, rsp...@googlegroups.com
On 04/03/2015 09:52, Shashank Naik wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm Shashank Naik. third year undergraduate student at IIT(BHU)
> Varanasi, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, India.
>
> I have good hands on experience in C, python, java and gwt. I have used
> eclipse as the IDE while using SVN as the subversion control. I have
> already started learning lua.

That's all good, but you also need to learn git basics and github
interface in particular.

> I'm interesting to actively participate this year GSoC for Rspamd. I am
> principally interested in working on project idea:"Recursion and DNSSEC
> support in rdns resolver" . Project idea:"Add language detection to
> rspamd" is also equally intresting.
>
> Guidance on how to proceed further would be greatly helpful. I'm looking
> forward to work with you all.

For the first project I'd suggest to evaluate the current implementation
of rdns resolver and figure out how to manage with events, callbacks and
refcounters. This task implies some understanding of non-blocking
processing mode I'd say.

--
Vsevolod Stakhov