Fall Electric Guitar Build

Matt Osminer

Jul 28, 2016, 11:01:14 AM7/28/16
to RRCC FIW
Hi All

Couldn't find Brannon Snyder's email address in the RRCC directory.  Hoping Brannon is on the Google group or someone can ping him on my behalf.

I'm assuming the electric guitar class this semester will be using an LMI kit like the steel and classical classes. I'd like to know what kit we will be using so I can order it now and have it before class starts.

Thanks much!

Matt

Jeff Zweygardt

Jul 28, 2016, 1:52:51 PM7/28/16
to RRCC FIW
Not sure if he's on the Group yet but I'll let him know. Also, it's Travis, not Brannon. They got the name slightly wrong. ;)

Travis Snyder

Jul 28, 2016, 6:07:42 PM7/28/16
to RRCC FIW
Hi Matt,

I responded to this earlier and clicked "Post" but it looks like the message didn't go through.

Let me start by thanking you for reaching out. I look forward to working with you this Fall. LMI no longer has a specific electric kit. They have instead created a page that shows you what you should get, and provides links to the particular pages. You have to add each item to your cart individually. It isn't as straight forward as the Guitar Kit Wizard system. I will be posting a letter to the Google group in the next day or two that gives a brief overview of what we will be doing this coming semester. It will also include a list of what you will need etc.

Please respond to this thread with any additional questions or concerns as I don't yet have a RRCC email address.

Sincerely,

Travis Snyder

On Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 9:01:14 AM UTC-6, Matt Osminer wrote:
Message has been deleted

Matt Osminer

Jul 29, 2016, 9:30:27 AM7/29/16
to RRCC FIW
Awesome thanks much!  I'll keep an eye out for more info.

I assume we'll get started right away so if you have any tool recommendations for what to bring the first day that would be helpful as well.  I drive 35 miles to get to class.  I always try to show up super prepared so I can get as much done during class as possible to avoid extra trips.  Andy will probably warn you I'm a little OCD! =)

Thanks again!  See you in a few weeks!

Matt

Travis Snyder

Aug 1, 2016, 7:50:31 PM8/1/16
to RRCC FIW
Hey Matt,

I haven't forgotten about you. I spoke with LMI today to see about getting a kit with options ready. They sent me a copy of the list that RRCC students used to use. I will go through it this evening and get back with LMI tomorrow to get the details shored up. I will post as soon as I have it taken care of.

Sincerely,
Travis

Travis Snyder

Aug 3, 2016, 10:52:53 AM8/3/16
to RRCC FIW
Hi Matt,

Here is a link to a materials list. This is just specific to the guitar kit. I will have a list of suggested classroom supplies and tools soon. I can say that there will be no major tool purchases on your part, but I am going to recommend some drafting templates like french curves, dividers etc. but they will not be required - just suggested.  I am still in the process of trying to streamline this and I don't yet have email access through RRCC. Feel free to ask any questions. Electric Guitar Materials List

Sincerely,
Travis

Matt Osminer

Aug 4, 2016, 9:21:57 AM8/4/16