Furniture making position

Jeremy A.Cox

Jun 7, 2017, 7:38:06 PM6/7/17
to RRCC FIW

HELP WANTED: WOODWORKING APPRENTICE - $15.00/Hour

Apprenticeships were first created by craftsmen of the Middle Ages. They exist in smaller numbers today, however there is a resurgence of apprenticeships as college costs increase and the need and appreciation for skilled craftsmen continues to grow. Most Apprenticeships last 3-6 years and involve learning under skilled tradesmen on the job as well as study outside of work. 5280 Floors follows this traditional model, but encourages even quicker turnover to become a Jr. then a Sr. Lead and pay it forward.

5280 Floors, a hardwood floor company located in Denver is seeking an Apprentice to help in the various wood craft projects of our company. This is an opportunity to bridge the learning in the classroom with the real life business experience in the field. We also recently opened a new division called 5280 Workshop where we are building furniture and are staying with our sustainability initiative by using re-purposed scrap hardwood flooring material to create handcrafted Colorado flags. We are selling these flags and the profits are benefiting local organizations. One of the local charities we have partnered with is Environmental Learning for Kids (ELK), a Denver based organization that teaches leadership, STEM, and stewardship to underserved youth through outdoor experiences and community participation. ELK has had extraordinary success changing lives in our community. This is a great opportunity to use your craft at the same time being involved with the launch of our new division.

Responsibilities

Apprentices approach each project and situation with an open mind geared towards learning the skilled trade, or Craft of Hardwood Flooring, Woodworking, and Furniture Restoration & Designing. They report to work to Learn By Doing, assisting the Crew Lead to understand the many aspects to installing, sanding, staining, sealing and finishing, cutting, scraping, etc. that are involved with creating the best quality Hardwood and Wood Product that is intended to last for many, many years. The right person for this position must also develop the interpersonal and communication skills necessary to maintain the best client experience. They should understand the overall goals of the company, and their growing role within that mission. The apprentice should study woodworking and the science behind the products used in hardwood design.

Qualifications

Ø  Most important is the motivation and commitment to growing the skills and knowledge to become a skilled craftsman in hardwood flooring or furniture design and restoration, and to be a cultural match to the 5280 Floors company vision and values.

Ø  Prior experience with hardwood flooring or furniture restoration & design, woodworking or other related construction fields allows the apprentice to perform better from the beginning of the apprenticeship position and to move more quickly towards future goals.

Ø  Positive attitude and demeanor to appreciate the results of dedicated work and continued learning of the craft, day in and day out.

If our company sounds like a good fit for you please contact us today at jobsat52...@gmail.com!