Electric Guitar Class - Fall 2016 - FIW 131

Travis Snyder

Aug 12, 2016, 10:17:02 AM8/12/16
to RRCC FIW
Hello,

I am still in the process of getting my RRCC email account setup so feel free to post any questions you might have regarding the class to this thread. I will check it frequently. I look forward to meeting you all next weekend.

Sincerely,
Travis

Matt Osminer

Aug 13, 2016, 9:45:33 AM8/13/16
to RRCC FIW
Hey Travis!  My student schedule says we start 8/24.  The main RRCC page says 15 week classes start on the 19th.  Which is correct?  I'm hoping we start the 24th because I'll be out of town this weekend!

Question in the meantime.  Is it safe to assume we won't need bridges and pickups until later in the semester?  There are a lot of options to choose from from, and you can spend as much money on the bridge and pickups as the rest of the guitar!

Mark Oestereich

Aug 13, 2016, 6:44:38 PM8/13/16
to RRCC FIW
Matt,
I've got 8/24 also, pretty sure that's our first day.
On parts I also noticed that he doesn't call for a pick guard, this covers the area around the pickups. I was thinking that I can make one.
Mark

Travis Snyder

Aug 13, 2016, 11:01:09 PM8/13/16
to RRCC FIW
Hi Matt and Mark,

Thanks for touching base.I was told that we would start on the 20th but I will double check with Jeremy. Unfortunately, I still don't have access to the school data so I can't confirm right now.

As for parts, you can wait a bit. I would rather talk about options during the first class anyway. As for the pickguard, it is not completely necessary in this build unless you would like to incorporate it. Your design will dictate whether you will use one or not.

Sincerely,
Travis

Mark Oestereich

Aug 15, 2016, 10:09:10 AM8/15/16
to RRCC FIW
Hi Travis,
I'm really looking forward to getting started on this build, I ordered the woods from Stewmac but I'm waiting to order the rest until I'm sure of which options will work best. Can't wait to see everyone again.
Mark

Travis Snyder

Aug 19, 2016, 12:03:36 PM8/19/16
to rrcc...@googlegroups.com
We officially begin on Wednesday, August 24th not tomorrow. Sorry about the confusion.
Message has been deleted

Travis Snyder

Aug 19, 2016, 12:18:45 PM8/19/16
to RRCC FIW
Hi everyone,

I don't yet have RRCC email access but everything is set to go for this coming Wednesday evening, August 24th. I look forward to meeting with all of you. In the meantime, here is a link with information to get you started. Do not stress about having your materials by the first class, but do try to order them this coming week. I will go over electronics Wednesday evening which should clear up any confusion. In the meantime, I do recommend ordering your wood components so that they can acclimate a bit.

Sincerely,
Travis

On Friday, August 12, 2016 at 8:17:02 AM UTC-6, Travis Snyder wrote:
Message has been deleted

Travis Snyder

Nov 5, 2016, 7:48:38 AM11/5/16
to RRCC FIW
Here is the link to the outline/notes page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PZOv3QYq0bKcp6R9EKq5pBP7w9xBNGc9oomyOg8iFVg/edit?usp=sharing

THe Electronics section is not yet complete.

Jeff Zweygardt

Nov 6, 2016, 8:06:33 AM11/6/16
to RRCC FIW
Also for anyone who's interested, here are the notes from class so far. I'll continue to update them as we go along.