Fw: CherryArts Festival at Stanley: Sep 16-18!

Sean Gillespie

Sep 6, 2016, 3:00:00 PM9/6/16
to FIW student group

Hello all,

For those of you looking at woodworking as a business, this is a great opportunity to see how national professionals are displaying, creating and selling their work. The weekend event is free and it is the same people that put together the Cherry Creek Arts Festival.

The details are below (my work is also featured there in the sculpture section). I'm in booth #25 if you want to see what i have been up to. 😉

Best,

Sean

Sean M Gillespie
"Art for Life"
Denver, Colorado

Ceramics, sculpture, fiber and drawing feature! Don't miss the Opening Night Grand Tasting, Friday 9/16!
CherryArts Festival at Stanley | September 16, 17, 18 | Located at border of Stapleton and Aurora
Mark your calendars for CherryArts Festival at Stanley!
  • Opening Night "Grand Tasting" ticketed event on Friday, September 16th
  • FREE Admission Saturday, September 17th and Sunday, September 18th
  • National art & local flavor
  • Family activities, interactive art installations, live entertainment
  • Stanley Marketplace is a food-centric, community inspired hub on the border of Aurora and Stapleton
  • Produced by the Cherry Creek Arts Festival; proceeds benefit CherryArts, whose 501c3 non-profit mission provides access to art and supports art education year-round
Feature Headline
At the CherryArts Festival at Stanley, you will have the chance to see hundreds of different works of art from artists using different artistic media techniques. You will also have the chance to meet and interact with the creators themselves.

By definition, ceramics are simply pots and other articles made from clay and hardened by heat; however, the ceramics art work you will experience at our show will blow your mind! Be sure to check out the incredible artwork creations of this year's ceramics artists: Sharon Brush (pictured), Marvin Blackmore, Tara Dawley,  Kristin Gruenberger, Gail J.Heilmann  and Rita Vali.
Feature Headline
Another artistic medium featured at this year's show is sculpture. "The term sculpture translates to almost any work of art carried out in three dimensions, where a mass of aesthetically inarticulate material has been manipulated into meaningful shape and arrangement by either reductive or additive techniques."

Presenting our sculpture artists: Sean Gillespie (pictured), Cameron Lewis & Reid Grossnickle , C Mavros,  Gedion Nyanhongo, Richard Turner and Eric Carroll and Rene Williams

A favorite medium for many is fiber, ranging from leather handbags to 2D wall art to wearables and more! What makes fiber art? "Art that is created using natural or synthetic fibers or techniques that are traditionally thought of as relating to fiber, such as sewing or weaving."

Our 2016 fiber artists are Kara Taub (pictured), Caroline and Larry Clarke, Myra Burg, Diane Harty, Heather Laurie and Sue Orchant

Feature Headline

Like all art, drawing is another infinitely variable medium in and of itself. "Drawing as formal artistic creation might be defined as the primarily linear rendition of objects in the visible world." This year, we are featuring seven drawing artists.

Michael Mckee (pictured), Chip DuPont, Christopher Brown, David Bjurstrom, Gaston Carrio, Jennifer Cavan and Nha Vuu

You're invited to join us for our 2016 Opening Night Grand Tasting!

Enjoy an exclusive first-look and art buying opportunity with our national juried visual artists, and come hungry because this special evening features a "Grand Tasting" of future Stanley Marketplace businesses and incredible local flavors! Your Opening Night experience is topped-off with amazing and interactive art installations, live entertainment, open-bar cocktails and more!

NEW: Special VIP 5:00 p.m. early entry tickets are available and include one-hour early entry and special VIP-only party, limited to 100 patrons!

Saturday and Sunday are FREE admission: Also plan on joining us Saturday and Sunday, September 17th and 18th for more national art, local flavor, family activities and more!

Please help us share the fun on Facebook!

STAY CONNECTED:
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
View on Instagram
Find us on Pinterest
CHERRYARTS, 2 Steele Street, Suite B-100, Denver, CO 80206
Sent by manag...@cherryarts.org in collaboration with
Constant Contact