FIW Program Update

LM

Apr 21, 2017, 10:18:24 AM4/21/17
to RRCC FIW

To the FIW Community,

The FIW Advisory Committee met last night, April 20, 2017, with Dr. Michele Haney, President of RRCC and the executive team.  The Advisory Committee consists of representatives from industry, FIW faculty, Staff, and students.  Kent Mace, CS Woods, is Chair of the Committee.  Summer Simpson is the student representative named to the committee.  For those confused about the committee, RRCC requires advisory committees for Career and Technical Education programs.

Last night, the committee held its first meeting since FIW program cuts were announced.  The committee invited several guests to attend, including David and myself as students.

We are working on a summary of meeting points from our perspectives as students, and we will be posting those points, hopefully later today, or no later than tomorrow.  The Committee is working very hard on behalf of the FIW program, and will meet again in May.

Dr. Haney will come and speak to the students of FIW, and we are in the process of working out those times.  Tentatively, there will be two meetings, to try to enable as many students to attend as possible, as well as members of the FIW Advisory Committee, as soon as the meetings can be scheduled.  We will let you know the meeting times and dates as soon as we have confirmation.

Please feel free to contact Summer, David or myself with any questions and concerns you have, but we are working on getting the meeting summary out to you as quickly as we can.  Laura