Furniture Design

Pat

Jul 22, 2016, 11:01:12 AM7/22/16
to RRCC FIW
“Making is the most powerful way that we solve problems, express ideas and shape our world.
What and how we make defines who we are, and communicates who we want to be.”
I don’t know who said that but I’m saying it here because I feel it’s important.

Contemporary Furniture (FIW 212) is undergoing a name change and is temporarily placed in ‘special topics’. It will emerge as “Furniture Design I”. So don’t be confused by the name - actually that’s why it’s changing. The class is NOT about any one period or style of furniture (say Contemporary) but about YOUR style.

Design is fundamental - everything around us is designed. When you look at a piece of furniture the first thing you see is it’s design, and make the decision to look further or not. This class is an exploration of furniture design - primarily yours, understanding it and executing it. Come turn a concept into something that's desirable, viable, commercially successful and adds value to people's lives.

Sharpen Your Creative Mind
Join me,
Pat Morrow

This is a 4 credit class on Wednesdays in the Shop.
Sp T: Furniture Design I - 23039 - FIW 176 - 001, 12:00 pm - 5:15 pm
If you have a problem registering please email me or Jeremy:
jerem...@rrcc.edu
patrici...@rrcc.edu

CF.jpg

Buff Brewster

Jul 22, 2016, 11:29:39 AM7/22/16
to RRCC FIW
As a former students of this class will tell you, this course guides you to establish & build your own designs, and assertively promote yourself and your work !
<CF.jpg>