Cedar strip canoe and SUP paddle day!

Ralph Kolva

Jul 27, 2016, 9:02:59 PM7/27/16
to RRCC FIW

Mark your calendars!  We have been very busy in the FIW shop this summer building 6 beautiful canoes and 3 Stand Up Paddle boards and are celebrating by having a paddle day at Evergreen Lake on Sunday, August 28 (time still to be determined, I will update this thread).  All are welcome and please bring your own boats or SUPs.

If you have never paddled a wooden canoe then you will have a rare treat at our paddle day, I guarantee once you paddle a strip canoe you will never want to settle for a plastic boat again.  Not only are they beautiful but they paddle like a dream, then again I am a wood worker so that may influence my opinion.

If you are curious as to the process I have been posting status updates to the following FB page, Thom has posting pics to the RRCC FIW FB page as well.  We have our last class next Tuesday and all are welcome to stop by and see the boats and SUPs as we work on the final details.

Help us celebrate our trials, tribulations, accomplishments and hopefully enjoy a fine day in the foothills of our beautiful state!

Ralph Kolva
IMG_20160712_174124.jpg
IMG_20160712_174150.jpg
IMG_20160712_105814.jpg

Ralph Kolva

Aug 10, 2016, 7:30:35 PM8/10/16
to rrcc...@googlegroups.com
Update to the Canoe and SUP paddle day at Evergreen Lake.  We are meeting at Evergreen Lake in the lake house parking lot beginning at 10:00 A.M. and staying as long as people are willing, Sunday, August 18.  Thom is bringing up a grill and hot dogs.  We will have at least 1 picnic table, a couple of awnings for shade and a hand full of beautiful canoes and SUPs (well, at least 2 cedar SUPs, maybe a Mahogany SUP?).  Everyone is invited and please bring your own canoes, kayaks and SUPs.  Jefferson County Open Space does require a pfd for each person on the water, they are available for rent at the lake house as well as canoes, SUPs, and paddle boats.

If parking is an issue some people can park at my house and we can shuttle folks, I'm only about a mile from the lake.

I've posted a bunch of pics of the class on my Flickr account here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskFFvi5h

Hope to see some of you there.

Ralph Kolva