Planer/jointer

Andrew Darr

Nov 5, 2015, 11:08:24 AM11/5/15
to rrcc...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys and gals,

I am looking to part with a 12 1/2" Dewalt planer and a 6" Delta benchtop jointer. Each is about six or seven years old, but didn't get much use until I started school. The planer was upgraded a year or so ago with a Byrd Shelix cutter head. Byrd heads are known for their quality. I probably ran a couple thousand linear feet of stock, (mostly aged white oak) on just one side of the blades. I only recently turned them for their first time since I was sending a lot of end grain cutting boards through. So there are still three new sides of the blade, plus a fourth side that still cuts great. The new edges leave a glass-like surface. Buying the same planer and cutterhead new would set you back $850 plus tax. I think $350 is quite the bargain for this set-up.

The jointer is stock. I just ordered a new set of knives, which I will install when they get here on Monday. The jointer has not seen a whole lot of use. The jointer is a great deal for just $125.

I will sell both together for $450 if anyone wanted both. I also have quite a few extra carbide blades that I purchased as well. I believe about a dozen.

Contact me through here or at 720-415-3890

Thanks.
jointer.jpg
planer1.jpg
planer2.jpg

Andrew Darr

Nov 5, 2015, 8:37:44 PM11/5/15
to rrcc...@googlegroups.com
The jointer is gone, but still have the planer. Don't miss out on a great deal!

Jed Davis

Nov 8, 2015, 2:07:09 PM11/8/15
to RRCC FIW

I just sent a text about the planer.  I am interested.  720-387-6167 Jed

Andrew Darr

Nov 9, 2015, 5:22:06 PM11/9/15
to rrcc...@googlegroups.com
The planer is also gone. Thanks guys!