Student Questions: Teaching Assistants, Open Shop Hours and other items

LM

Apr 14, 2017, 3:52:12 AM4/14/17
to RRCC FIW

Fellow FIW Students,

We are hearing that many of you have questions about pending Teaching Assistant staffing changes as well as future Open Shop Hours, especially as open shop hours relate to your ability to complete your certificates and/or degree for any teach-out period.  While Open Shop Hours is not a specific question on the Student Questionnaire, there are areas on the questionnaire for you to share any question, concern or comment.  We will compile all the information.

You do not have to provide your name on the questionnaire if you wish to remain anonymous.  If you are a new student who has registered for Fall FIW classes or who is trying to register for Fall FIW, please participate in the questionnaire.

You also may put any additional questions or comments into the collection box, even if you should think of them after completing the form.  If we did not include a topic on the questionnaire that you think is essential, this is your opportunity to voice all questions and concerns.  We will compile all FIW student questions and comments.  Please be as detailed as possible and encourage other students to make time for thoughtful, detailed questions, comments and concerns.

On April 11, 2017, students formally requested the administration delay making program and staffing changes for one year, pending further cost benefit analysis and review with student input.  So, yes, we have requested that.  And yes, we have requested a student committee be formed.  You can express your interest in what types of committees you want as well as if you are interested in volunteering to serve, using the Student Questionnaire.

Please feel free to e-mail any questions you might have.