Curious about Computer Aided Fabrication?

Ted Bruning

Aug 8, 2017, 3:35:35 PM8/8/17
to RRCC FIW

     I am teaching a class this Fall that is of great interest and value to Fine Woodworking students, yet is not an FIW class. I am sending this note to the Google group to help publicize the class to FIW students.

     The class exposes students to a variety of computer aided fabrication technologies such as CNC laser, 3D printing and CNC router. In addition, the class develops 3D CAD skills that are invaluable for designing furniture, developing presentations for customers, and communicating design and construction details and specifications.

     The class is CAD 217 Rhino and meets this Fall from 3 PM to 7 PM on Mondays. While the class is taught in the Engineering Graphics department, it was designed and developed with Fine Woodworking students in mind. It develops skills that are invaluable for anyone contemplating a career in the woodworking industry – enhancing your productivity and opening doors to the better paying jobs in the industry.

     Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Ted Bruning