FIW Student Questionnaire, etc.

LM

Apr 13, 2017, 12:14:33 PM4/13/17
to RRCC FIW

FIW Students,

We have drafted a student questionnaire and will be trying to get that circulated in the next two days.  We are somewhat constrained due to the upcoming Easter Break and the Staff Development Day on Tuesday.  We will post fliers in the shop to let you know this is ongoing, as well as a collection box for you to return the questionnaires, in addition to any other comments, concerns, suggestions you want to make and submit.  We will be compiling the questionnaire  information for Jeremy and he is supporting our efforts to collect information on your class needs and wants, as well as your concerns and suggestions regarding the program cuts we are facing.

We would like to stress the urgency of a response.  We will also post the questionnaire here later today, but we are not sure we can get the questionnaire to the shop today.  We are trying.  Please feel free to copy the questionnaire and paste into a Word document or other means, and use the break to prepare your answers.  Obviously, if possible, responses are clearly legible if you have access to a computer, so please remember legibility for hand written responses.  Feel free to attach as many pages as you want, and/or to add your own questions.  We will have a collection box in the shop as soon as possible, no later than Monday morning.

Last, to those of you who attended the Tuesday night meeting, we ask you to write down your perceptions of the major points made at the meeting.  We would like to compile this into one document to submit to Linda Comeaux, VP Instruction. We believe this essential and ask for your help.

Please help spread the word to students you know who may not be on this group.  We need 10 volunteers to help us distribute and collect the above mentioned items.

Last, we know some of you have already sent personal letters to Dr. Michele Haney, President of RRCC.  We encourage students to keep sending letters about your personal story and the impact of these cuts have for each of you.

Laura and David