One weekend Wooden Hand Plane Construction!

Sean Gillespie

May 27, 2014, 11:09:48 PM5/27/14
to FIW student group, RRCC Faculty
Hello all,

Do you want a rewarding, low time commitment class for the summer? There is a one weekend Wooden Hand Plane Construction class starting Friday, June 21st at 6pm. We start the weekend with a solid block of beech and finish with a custom smoothing plane (see attached photos).

Here are the details:

Friday, June 20th from 6p-10p
Saturday, June 21st from 10a-5:30p
Sunnday, June 22nd from 10a-5:30p

For those already registered, you may wish to get a blade before the class. Get a 1 3/4" x 4 1/2" Hock wooden hand plane blade & chip breaker combo. It is available on hocktools.com ($57, item #PL175). I will have blades you can use to setup of your plane, so having this blade is optional, but it is nice to have your own sharp blade to start using it on your projects right away.

Call with any questions,

Sean

IMG_5079.JPG
Hand Planes sm.jpg

Sean Gillespie

Oct 13, 2014, 12:09:50 PM10/13/14
to FIW student group, RRCC Faculty
Hello all,

Do you want a rewarding, low time commitment class for the fall?

There is a Wooden Hand Plane Construction class starting this Friday at 6pm! We start the class with a solid block of maple and finish with a custom smoothing plane (see attached photos).

Here are the details:

Friday, October 17th from 6p-10p
Saturday, October 18th from 9a-5p
Saturday, October 25th from 9a-5p
Hand Planes sm.jpg
IMG_5224.jpg
IMG_5229.jpg
IMG_5233.jpg

Sean Gillespie

Oct 13, 2014, 12:29:09 PM10/13/14
to FIW student group, RRCC Faculty
I left out some key information!

Wooden Hand Plane Making
(23266) FIW 277 602
1 credit class

Thanks,

Sean

From: seanmgi...@msn.com
To: rrcc...@googlegroups.com; rrcc-fiw...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [rrcc-fiw] FW: Wooden Hand Plane Construction!
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 10:09:45 -0600

Sean Gillespie

Feb 9, 2015, 10:48:02 AM2/9/15
to FIW student group, Sean Gillespie
Hello all,

Do you want a rewarding, low time commitment class for the spring?

There is a Wooden Hand Plane Construction class starting this Friday at 6pmWe start the class with a solid block of maple and finish with a custom smoothing plane (see attached photos).

Here are the details:

Wooden Hand Plane Construction - 1 credit
(32696) FIW 276 - 601

Friday, February 13 from 6p-10p
Saturday, February 14 from 10a-5p
Saturday, February 21 from 10a-5p

Feel free to call with any questions.

See you there!
Hand Planes sm.jpg
IMG_5224.jpg
IMG_5229.jpg
IMG_5233.jpg

Sean Gillespie

Jun 2, 2015, 7:50:16 PM6/2/15
to FIW student group, Sean Gillespie
Hello all,

Do you want a rewarding, low time commitment class for the summer? There are only a few spots left!

The Wooden Hand Plane Construction class starts Friday, June 19th at 6pmWe begin the class with a solid block of maple and finish with a custom smoothing plane (see attached photos).

Here are the details:

Wooden Hand Plane Making - 1 credit
(10538) FIW 175 - 601

Friday, June 19th from 6p-10p
Saturday, June 20th from 10a-5:30p
Saturday, June 21st from 10a-5:30p

For those already registered, I will have some plane blades available to use for your setup, but you may wish to get your own blade before the class. If you come with it sharp, you will be taking shavings by the end of the weekend! Recommended - Krenov-style, straight edge 1 3/4" x 4 1/2" Hock wooden hand plane blade & chip breaker combo - #PL175 at this link http://www.hocktools.com/products/pi.html

Feel free to reply with any questions.
Hand Planes sm.jpg
IMG_5224.jpg
IMG_5229.jpg
IMG_5233.jpg

Sean Gillespie

Feb 9, 2016, 4:06:56 PM2/9/16
to FIW student group, RRCC Faculty

Hello all,

Have you been looking for a rewarding, low time commitment class for the Spring? The Wooden Hand Plane Construction class starts this Friday at 6pm.

We begin the class with a solid block of maple and, in just two and a half days, finish with your own custom smoothing plane (see attached photos).

Here are the details:

Wooden Hand Plane Construction - 1 credit
(32342) FIW 276 - 601

Friday, February 12th from 6p-10p
Saturday, February 13th from 10a-5:00p
Saturday, February 20th from 10a-5:00p

Materials for the planes will be provided, and I will have plane blades available for setup, but you may wish to purchase your own blade (blades are not required to participate in the class).

Recommended - Krenov-style, straight edge 1 3/4" x 4 1/2" Hock wooden hand plane blade & chip breaker combo - #PL175 at this link http://www.hocktools.com/products/pi.html
Make your own Krenov-style wooden plane kit with Hock Tools' blade-and-breaker sets. These O1 blades are the ones that started it all.

Feel free to reply with any questions.

Best,
Hand Planes sm.jpg
IMG_5224.jpg
IMG_5229.jpg
IMG_5233.jpg

Sean Gillespie

Jun 7, 2016, 11:25:55 PM6/7/16
to rrcc...@googlegroups.com

Hello all,

The one credit hand plane class, is switching over from being a special topics class, and is not being offered for the upcoming fall or spring semesters while it goes through the approval process. If you have been wanting to take this class in the one weekend format, now is the time!

You begin with a solid block of maple and, in just two and a half days, are taking shavings with your own custom smoothing plane (see attached photos).

Here are the details:

Wooden Hand Plane Making - 1 credit
(10466) FIW 175 - 601

Friday, June 17th from 6p-10p
Saturday, June 18th from 10a-5:30p
Saturday, June 20th from 10a-5:30p
Hand Planes sm.jpg
IMG_5224.jpg
IMG_5229.jpg
IMG_5233.jpg

Sean Gillespie

Jun 8, 2016, 12:17:17 AM6/8/16
to rrcc...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

There were errors in my previous email on the days of the class.

These dates are accurate:

Wooden Hand Plane Making - 1 credit
(10466) FIW 175 - 601

Friday, June 17th from 6p-10p
Saturday, June 18th from 10a-5:30p
Sunday, June 19th from 10a-5:30p
Sorry for any confusion,

Sean

Sean M Gillespie

May 6, 2017, 3:39:22 PM5/6/17
to FIW student group

Hello tool fanatics,

In the Wooden Hand Plane Making Class, you begin with a solid block of maple and, in just two and a half days, you will be making shavings with your own custom smoothing plane (see attached photos).

Here are the details:

Summer Semester - Wooden Hand Plane Making - 1 credit
(10939) FIW 116 - 601

Friday, July 21st from 6p-10p
Saturday, July 22nd from 10a-5:20p
Sunday, July 23rd from 10a-5:20p

For those that have already registered:

Materials for the planes will be provided, and I will have plane blades available for setup, but you may wish to purchase your own blade (blades are not required to participate in the class).

Recommended - Krenov-style, straight edge 1 3/4" x 4 1/2" Hock wooden hand plane blade & chip breaker combo - #PL175 at this link http://www.hocktools.com/products/pi.html
Make your own Krenov-style wooden plane kit with Hock Tools' blade-and-breaker sets. These O1 blades are the ones that started it all.

Feel free to reply with any questions.

Best,

Sean

Sean M Gillespie
Soulful Objects
Denver, Colorado

This email and any files or original artwork designs transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify in...@fineartwood.com immediately and delete it from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

IMG_5224.jpg
IMG_5229.jpg
IMG_5233.jpg
Message has been deleted

Sean Gillespie

May 1, 2018, 1:10:52 PM5/1/18
to FIW student group
Hello all,

Have you been looking for a rewarding, low time commitment class for the summer? The Wooden Hand Plane Construction class is back on the schedule!

We begin the class with a solid block of maple and, in just two and a half days, finish a custom smoothing plane (see attached photos). No prior woodworking experience is needed.

Here are the details:

Wooden Hand Plane Making - 1 credit
(10869) FIW 116 - 601

Friday, July 20th from 6p-10p
Saturday, July 21st from 10a-5:00p
Saturday, July 22nd from 10a-5:00p
(Dates in the summer schedule should be updated to these soon)

Materials for the planes will be provided, and I will have plane blades available for setup, but you may wish to purchase your own blade (blades are not required to participate in the class).

Recommended - Krenov-style, straight edge 1 3/4" x 4 1/2" Hock wooden hand plane blade & chip breaker combo - #PL175 at this link http://www.hocktools.com/products/pi.html
Make your own Krenov-style wooden plane kit with Hock Tools' blade-and-breaker sets. These O1 blades are the ones that started it all.

Please reply with any questions.

Thank you,

Sean

"Objects give our lives permanence and meaning. They elevate and expand the environments in which we work, play and live, improving the quality and experience of daily life."

Sean M Gillespie
Soulful Objects
Relevant. Natural. Elegant.
Hand Planes sm.jpg