Set verbosity log for the rpyc server?

shay berman

Nov 1, 2012, 8:25:42 AM11/1/12
to rp...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I have a strange problem while running commands (popen via rpyc) on windows2012 server - I get exit code (11) on few commands that I am running (not consistent - some times the command is working ok and some times it return exit code 11).

The output of the rpyc server is not telling me much.
There is any why to run the rpyc server with higher log verbosity ?
For example, not just to logging the welcome & accepted, to log also which object was asked to be run and what its status(+ date\time).

thanks

Tomer Filiba

Nov 3, 2012, 11:44:26 AM11/3/12
to rpyc
i don't know if i understand your question correctly, but you can pass a logger to the rpyc connection. for instance:

mylogger = logging.getLogger("mylogger")
rpyc.classic.connect("myhost", config={"logger":mylogger})

this logger will dump all local exceptions, before they are sent to the other side of the connection.

hope this helps,
-tomer

Tomer Filiba
tomerfiliba.com

Sagy Drucker

Aug 25, 2016, 11:39:24 AM8/25/16
to rpyc
which version of rpyc is that?
i'm using 3.3.0 and the rpyc.classic.connect method has no keyword argument "config"

Tomer Filiba

Aug 25, 2016, 11:43:47 AM8/25/16
to rpyc
use factory.connect. classic is a simple wrapper that apparently doesn't expose that functionality