Re: [rpyc] TypeError: 'MyService' object is not callable

Tomer Filiba

May 8, 2013, 7:00:40 AM5/8/13
to rpyc

Tomer Filiba
tomerfiliba.com

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 8:42 AM, Mark <mwchris...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am trying to create my own Service using python 2.7 and RPyC 3.2.3.
I have removed any customl functions and create a service using the following syntax:

class MyService(rpyc.Service):
      # stripped out all my functions for now

# start the service
t = ThreadedServer(MyService(args.name), port = int(port)) #passed as a parameter

t.start()

#################

I then try to connect to this service simply via:

rpyc.utils.factory.connect('localhost',int(replicaPort))

I have also tried:

rpyc.connect('localhost',int(port),MyService

rpyc.connect('',int(port))

and a number of other variations, but they all give me back the same error:

TypeError  'MyService' object is not callable.

Does anyone know why this is happening or have any suggestions as to how I can troubleshoot this error?  Thanks in advance!

-Mark

--

---

Mark

May 8, 2013, 10:40:35 AM5/8/13
to rp...@googlegroups.com
Tomer,

Thanks for the quick response!   That was exactly my problem.

-Mark