Problem using Zero-Deploy

Nicholas Lippis

Jan 13, 2014, 12:58:09 PM1/13/14
to rp...@googlegroups.com

I am evaluating using zero-deploy for a project I am working on and I have been hitting an issue.

Whenever I try to run the server = DeployedServer(mach) command in the python interpreter I get an error specifying that there is no such module as rpyc.utils.server.  I have run this command on two linux devices, one being a polky linux based server and another running standard Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and received the same result. Sample output is provided below.

Python 2.7.3 (default, Sep 26 2013, 20:03:06)

[GCC 4.6.3] on linux2

>>> from rpyc.utils.zerodeploy import DeployedServer

>>> from plumbum import SshMachine

>>> mach = SshMachine("192.168.1.10","user")

>>> server = DeployedServer(mach)

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>

  File "/home/projects/vBroker/vBroker/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/rpyc-3.3.0-py2.7.egg/rpyc/utils/zerodeploy.py", line 113, in __init__

    raise ProcessExecutionError(self.proc.argv, self.proc.returncode, line + stdout, stderr)

plumbum.commands.processes.ProcessExecutionError: Command line: ['/usr/bin/ssh', 'user@192.168.1.10', 'cd', '/home/user', '&&', '/usr/bin/python', '/tmp/tmp.GdfVvq/deployed-rpyc.py']

Exit code: 1

Stderr:  | Traceback (most recent call last):

         |   File "/tmp/tmp.GdfVvq/deployed-rpyc.py", line 24, in <module>

         |     from rpyc.utils.server import ThreadedServer as ServerCls

         | ImportError: No module named rpyc.utils.server

This makes sense, as I had not installed it previously; but I was under the impression that Zero - Deploy will copy the local (client’s) copy of rpyc into the temporary directory created by plumbum, which must not have happened.

I tried running the commands again after I installed rpyc on the remote server and everything worked very well, so I am convinced that there is an issue with copying rpyc over.

Any suggestions?

Ashley Straw