[Discourse.ros.org] [Embedded] Deep Neural Network on Embedded?

Ildoo Kim

Sep 10, 2017, 11:52:29 PM9/10/17
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
ildoonet
September 11

I recently implement couple of algorithms for Deep Learning, which provides fast inference on an embedded devices.

One of them is called ‘LCNN’, you can find the original paper here : https://arxiv.org/abs/1611.06473

And I implemented it with tensorflow,

ildoonet/tf-lcnn

tf-lcnn - Tensorflow implementation for 'LCNN: Lookup-based Convolutional Neural Network'. Predict Faster using Models Trained Fast with Multi-GPUs

This codes compress alexnet which takes roughly 150ms or more on a single core cpu,

to a sparse convolutional layered network which takes 10~50ms on the same environment.

image
https://github.com/ildoonet/tf-lcnn/raw/master/images/timeline_alexnet.png

So… based on these new technologies, i am looking for an idea to try.

Like openpose on a robot : Human Pose Estimation Deep Learning Model (OpenPose) ROS Package

Any Thoughts?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Víctor Mayoral Vilches

Sep 11, 2017, 11:58:50 AM9/11/17
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
vmayoral
September 11

@ildoonet, that’s pretty cool. What embedded platform are you working on? The results are pretty interesting. Well done.

Ildoo Kim

Sep 13, 2017, 10:08:37 PM9/13/17
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
ildoonet
September 14

It’s for snapdragon cpus like smartphones.

Also I’m working on arm cpus.

Also, this codes is not optimized for specific cpu architecture, It can be improved further.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

vmayoral
September 11

David Crawley

Sep 18, 2017, 8:31:20 PM9/18/17
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
davecrawley
September 19

That’s really cool!

Do you have trained neural nets to go along with it?

Ildoo Kim

Sep 18, 2017, 8:38:20 PM9/18/17
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
ildoonet
September 19

I have alexnet which 20 times faster than the original one. I will add more models. Do you have any particular model you want?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.