New version of the Find-A-Record Research Assistant

Justin York

May 22, 2014, 5:53:02 PM5/22/14
to FS...@ldsmail.net, root...@googlegroups.com
The new version of the Find-A-Record Research Assistant is an integration of the new JavaScript libraries fs-traversal and fs-check. It traverses through your FamilySearch Family Tree with fs-traversal and generates research opportunities with fs-check.

I included a screenshot below. You can also read the blog post and watch the demo video.

This has been very helpful for us already. We often got sucked into productive research during development and testing.

The opportunities generated by fs-check are not perfect (we are neither genealogists nor English majors). We would love to receive bug reports or pull requests for improvements.

How did we do? Is there anything else you would like it to do?

Inline image 1

Ryan Heaton

May 22, 2014, 10:24:09 PM5/22/14
to root...@googlegroups.com
I dig it.

--

---

Dallan Quass

May 23, 2014, 12:18:47 AM5/23/14
to root...@googlegroups.com
*very* cool!!

Enno Borgsteede

May 23, 2014, 4:50:42 PM5/23/14
to root...@googlegroups.com
Justin,
Very nice! I'd like to split the opportunities more, like checking for missing parents only.

It also shows how far my on-line tree is behind the one in Gramps. It means that Find-A-Record would be useful on my GEDCOM too, which I can't upload to the tree in one batch, for obvious reasons.

thank you,

Enno

Justin York

May 23, 2014, 10:54:26 PM5/23/14
to root...@googlegroups.com
Enno, that's an excellent idea. I would love to have toggle for each individual check too.

- Justin