Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Justin York

no leída,
20 sept 2013, 10:42:40 a.m.20/9/13
para root...@googlegroups.com
We have a prototype of our new project ready to demo. If you don't already know what we're building, you can read about it on our blog.

We will hold a Google Hangout on Air next week to demo the prototype, collect feedback, and answer any questions. We might even let you play with it. We setup a whenisgood event so that you can tell us which time works best for you (remember to select your timezone correctly). We will make a decision about the final time early Monday.

We are excited about this project and look forward to your feedback.

- Justin York

todd.d....@gmail.com

no leída,
20 sept 2013, 3:08:40 p.m.20/9/13
para root...@googlegroups.com
Justin,

This looks excellent! Excited to hear more and hear about your neo4j implementation. Thanks for the heads up.
--

---

Tod Robbins
Digital Asset Manager, MLIS

Justin York

no leída,
23 sept 2013, 10:26:33 a.m.23/9/13
para root...@googlegroups.com
The demo will occur tomorrow (Tuesday) at 9 AM MDT which is 11 AM EDT and 3 PM UTC. We will send out URLs for the hangout shortly before it's scheduled to start.

- Justin York

Justin York

no leída,
24 sept 2013, 10:52:20 a.m.24/9/13
para root...@googlegroups.com
Here's the URL for the hangout: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/f435549e0b2a0c79cdd5bba2dfd483de61a01404?authuser=0&eid=110814525443536283287&hl=en

In a few minutes we will also share the URL for the YouTube stream when we start broadcasting.

todd.d....@gmail.com

no leída,
24 sept 2013, 11:33:39 a.m.24/9/13
para root...@googlegroups.com
Missed it! Is the YouTube video live yet?

Wayne Pearson

no leída,
24 sept 2013, 11:40:29 a.m.24/9/13
para root...@googlegroups.com
I wasn't able to attend, either, as the workplace blocks Hangouts as chat.

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 9:33 AM, todd.d....@gmail.com <todd.d....@gmail.com> wrote:
Missed it! Is the YouTube video live yet?

--

Justin York

no leída,
24 sept 2013, 11:54:54 a.m.24/9/13
para root...@googlegroups.com
Everybody else missed it too so there is no recording. But we already have videos on our blog and our private beta is going to start soon. There will be an announcement today or tomorrow about how to sign up for the beta.

We would love to answer any questions you may have or collect feedback until then.

Ben Laurie

no leída,
24 sept 2013, 12:48:08 p.m.24/9/13
para root...@googlegroups.com
On 24 September 2013 16:54, Justin York <justi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Everybody else missed it too so there is no recording.

Gah, sorry - a bunch of meetings got scheduled on top

Colin Spencer

no leída,
25 sept 2013, 1:46:59 a.m.25/9/13
para root...@googlegroups.com
Justin, Sorry I missed it too I got tied up with something else.

Justin York

no leída,
26 sept 2013, 3:27:07 p.m.26/9/13
para root...@googlegroups.com
You can now sign up for the beta on our website: https://www.findarecord.com/

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM, Colin Spencer <col...@gmail.com> wrote:
Justin, Sorry I missed it too I got tied up with something else.

todd.d....@gmail.com

no leída,
26 sept 2013, 4:15:08 p.m.26/9/13
para root...@googlegroups.com
Justin,

Where are you guys working? I'd love to meet up some time soon and chat about the project over lunch. As a librarian/developer I hope I can offer up some ideas for you to run with.

Cheers!

Brooke Ganz

no leída,
28 sept 2013, 11:00:35 p.m.28/9/13
para root...@googlegroups.com
I'm super-psyched about this project; it is sorely needed!

With that said, here's a feature request, although I know this would not be anywhere near the top of your list right now: a public records API for developers, both readable (GET) and writeable (POST/PATCH).  I want the ability to pull in all currently-known record sources that exist for Town X, but I also would be happy to send you any data I have about obscure Record Books from Town X.  For example, I know about tons of stuff from towns in northern Romania, and old Russian  Empire records from what is now Belarus, and yet none of that stuff is documented anywhere online, not even in the FamilySearch catalog.  It would be great to have a central repository of this kind of record location information so that it doesn't get lost...

Would it be too much to ask that you Creative Commons license your raw data (or a sub-set of it) too?  :-)

- Brooke

Justin York

no leída,
29 sept 2013, 10:42:14 a.m.29/9/13
para root...@googlegroups.com
Brooke, we have plans to do exactly what you want.

--

Brooke Ganz

no leída,
30 sept 2013, 1:50:06 p.m.30/9/13