Another d3 family tree visualization; parses GEDCOMs too

Justin York

May 26, 2015, 11:21:52 AM5/26/15
to root...@googlegroups.com

Andrew Hatchett

May 26, 2015, 12:50:47 PM5/26/15
to root...@googlegroups.com
Justin- thanks for the link- very interesting!

Andrew Hatchett
gplus.to/agh3rd

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Justin York <justi...@gmail.com> wrote:

--

---

todd.d....@gmail.com

May 26, 2015, 5:46:21 PM5/26/15
to Rootsdev
Now that's an innovative way of graphing the points in time! The Stanford Visualization group, now the UW Interactive Data Lab, had a neat paper a few years back that reminds me of this approach: http://idl.cs.washington.edu/papers/timenets

Thanks Justin!

–Tod

--
Tod Robbins
Digital Asset Manager, MLIS

B Lyon

May 27, 2015, 9:31:29 PM5/27/15
to root...@googlegroups.com
Hi Justin

I am the developer playing with this work-in-progress.  Thanks for taking a look.  Please feel free to let me know if you see browser quirks, etc.

Justin York

May 27, 2015, 10:33:52 PM5/27/15
to root...@googlegroups.com
Is your code open source?

I think I saw something on your blog about parsing GEDCOMs with web workers. I'm interested in that. I'm sure it'll come in handy some day.

Ben Laurie

Jun 1, 2015, 5:16:04 AM6/1/15
to root...@googlegroups.com
On 28 May 2015 at 03:33, Justin York <justi...@gmail.com> wrote: