Announcing gPrime, new web-based genealogy program

Doug Blank

Jan 4, 2017, 12:57:21 PM1/4/17
to rootsdev
RootsDev,

Just a brief note to let you know about gPrime, a new web-based, open source program, descended from Gramps. It is:

* written in Python3, and tornado
* uses JSON extensively
* uses generic SQL databases, but in a NoSQL manner
* has a specialized query language
* runs via a browser, locally or on a server
* designed for modern uses for everyone
* not done yet... under design and development

Also, it supports the IIIF Image API that Ben Brumfield introduced me to in 2015:

https://genealogycollective.wordpress.com/2017/01/04/gprime-is-an-image-server/

You can try out gPrime here (username: demo, password: demo):

If you are interested in discussions on building a new genealogy program, please feel free to join in:

Guy Forssman

Jul 15, 2017, 7:16:51 AM7/15/17
to rootsdev
Is it possible to host this directly in a Gdrive and use the firebase as database
For home use this would  be great so several 2 to  3 family memebers could work togheter on the same database?

Doug Blank

Jul 15, 2017, 8:26:50 AM7/15/17
to root...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 7:16 AM, Guy Forssman <guy.fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is it possible to host this directly in a Gdrive and use the firebase as database
For home use this would  be great so several 2 to  3 family memebers could work togheter on the same database?

Interesting question... I'm looking into it...

-Doug

--

---