Family Tree-esque viewer?

todd.d....@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2015, 7:50:35 PM2/17/15
to Rootsdev
I was scanning the repos on Github (Rootsdev) and I'm wondering if there is a tree viewer module available on there.

What I'd really like to see is a Wordpress plugin that will give me something like an iframe with the draggable family tree inside it. The data could be held elsewhere (coming from an API), but I guess I'm looking for something like WP Family Tree that behaves/looks more like the FS Family Tree/Ancestry tree viewer.

Thoughts?

--
Tod Robbins
Digital Asset Manager, MLIS

Dallan Quass

Feb 18, 2015, 12:35:26 AM2/18/15
to root...@googlegroups.com
The family tree viewer at WeRelate is open source. You can see an example by clicking on the "Family Tree" link on this page: http://www.werelate.org/wiki/Person:William_Bradford_%289%29 Clicking on the plus-signs in the tree allow you to expand it. You can expand ancestors or descendants. You have to implement your own back-end of course.

Another option is the family tree viewer that's part of the FamilySearch reference client. You can see an example by going to http://demo.werelate.org, signing in with your FamilySearch credentials, and clicking on "View Tree". It's an AngularJS directive. The source is here: https://github.com/rootsdev/familysearch-reference-client/tree/master/src/common/fsReferenceClientShared/fsTree

I believe Dovy also has a tree viewer available somewhere as a third option.

Dallan

--

---