First Rogerthat service

Sven

Sep 28, 2012, 9:41:29 AM9/28/12
to rogerthat...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I just started developing my first Rogerthat service in .NET.

How can I let the Rogerthat callbacks point to my own .NET project on my PC.

Thanks.

Bart

Sep 28, 2012, 9:52:31 AM9/28/12
to rogerthat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sven,

It is a common problem of development setups that they cannot accept incoming HTTP requests coming from the internet.
Company firewalls and network setups typically do not allow that.

Therefore, we provide an HTTP-to-XMPP gateway which makes it all transparent to you. This is documented here:

Thank you for using the Rogerthat platform!

Bart

Sven

Oct 1, 2012, 3:29:02 AM10/1/12
to rogerthat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bart,

Thanks for the quick response. I've read de documentation from the link.
As XMPP account, is it enough that you use a gmail account or do you
have to use a real jabber.org account?

Sven

Bart

Oct 1, 2012, 3:36:33 AM10/1/12
to rogerthat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sven,

Gtalk is an XMPP dialect which cannot be used for the Rogerthat platform.

Since you do not have an XMPP account, we will create one for you on our rogerth.at domain.
We will send you a private email with the account information.

We will also clarify the documentation.

Regards,
Bart

Sven

Oct 1, 2012, 3:46:39 AM10/1/12
to rogerthat...@googlegroups.com
That would be wonderful, thanks!

Sven

Sven

Oct 1, 2012, 10:40:15 AM10/1/12
to rogerthat...@googlegroups.com
Bart,

Thanks again for the advice and the account.
Everything is working perfectly now!

Sven