Welcome to the Rockaways Food Relief Group

Michele Lampach

Nov 5, 2012, 2:46:35 PM11/5/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Everyone,

Instead of the e-mail chain, we're using the google group. You've all been added and have access to it now. This should be more efficient and you can modify the settings, to receive e-mails in real time or in bulk. The spreadsheet remains and please, please I encourage you to not only input your data, but use it it as a living, breathing document. You need to get in touch with EACH OTHER, and self-organize to make this happen.

Thanks!

Michele
--
Michele Lampach, Esq.
Director, UnLocal, Inc.

Rebecca Perrin

Nov 5, 2012, 3:05:57 PM11/5/12
to <rockaways-food-relief@googlegroups.com>, rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I don't know why, but I can't connect to the doc. Can someone help?

Sent from my iPad

Hey Everyone,

Thanks!

e:mic...@unlocal.org<mailto:e%3Ami...@unlocal.org>
p:6465801538

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and destroy the original message and all copies thereof.
This e-mail has been scanned by the Eileen Fisher managed Email Content Service, powered by Symantec-MessageLabs. For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com/services/communication-security/email_antispam.aspx

Michele Lampach

Nov 5, 2012, 3:36:30 PM11/5/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
http://bit.ly/REoFVV

Michele Lampach, Esq.
Director, UnLocal, Inc.
Community Immigration Legal Services
233 Fifth Avenue, Suite 4A,
New York, NY 10016
e:mic...@unlocal.org
p:6465801538

Gregg Drusinsky

Nov 5, 2012, 5:49:16 PM11/5/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
We need a drop zone for 2-3 hundred meals tomorrow November 6. Drop time around noon. We will be bringing blankets and hopefully coffee.

Gregg

Sent from my Vitamix

Davina Grincevicius

Nov 5, 2012, 9:24:07 PM11/5/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com, rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Hi greg, I will send u addresses tomorrow. Thank u so much! Speak tomorrow morning. And thank u so much. Best. Davina

Sent from my iPhone

Samantha Casolari

Nov 5, 2012, 9:30:14 PM11/5/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Hi John

that is AMAZING thanks!!! I was trying to compile this list exactly now!

I have also just read about Saint Gertude Parish   336 Beach 38th. I have read that they need lots of hot food, coffee, warm blankets, etc etc
do you know about them?

We have lots of hot food coming in tomorrow so the more places we have to send it the better!
Samantha

Samantha Casolari

Nov 6, 2012, 8:41:09 AM11/6/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gregg
did you already find a drop zone for the meals? Let me know  as I have a few address.

thanks!
Samantha

The Fisherman's Dog

Nov 6, 2012, 9:36:14 AM11/6/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com

Our soup kitchen is up and running at 89 Beach 96th Street.

Robyn

Nov 6, 2012, 10:04:47 AM11/6/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
How long is this site going to be up for? Let's be in communication as we are setting up a kitchen on 92 as a base for hot food delivery to go out from and come into peoples homes. We want to make sure these resources are spread out to serve as many people as possible
Thanks,
Robyn

Sent from my iPhone

Dan Edelman

Nov 6, 2012, 10:19:05 AM11/6/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Yorkville Common Pantry just sent two of our employees out to the Rockaways with 1,000 ready-to-eat brownbag meals. I’ve been in contact with Samantha Casolari, and three locations we’re going to check as potential food drop off/distribution points are the Surf Club, this newly set-up soup kitchen mentioned below, and the aforementioned Parish. Please email me if you find out that any of these sites are no longer viable, or if you become aware of other locations that would make sense to visit if we have extra meals. Thank you very much.

Best,

Dan

Dan Edelman

Development and Administrative Coordinator

Yorkville Common Pantry

8 East 109th Street

New York, New York 10029

dede...@ycp.org

Tel: 917 720-9719

Fax: 917 720-9679

Samantha Casolari

Nov 6, 2012, 10:29:51 AM11/6/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone I am already taking care of DAN EDELMAN who just posted from YORKVILLE COMMON PANTRY. so do not worry about that!
thanks!
Samantha

The Fisherman's Dog

Nov 6, 2012, 10:45:09 AM11/6/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com

We were contracted through the mayors office Sundays a. Doc moved from 112th yesterday

Samantha Casolari

Nov 6, 2012, 10:48:27 AM11/6/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
I also have this, not sure if it was shared aready if it was please forgive the repetition:

Robyn Hillman-Harrigan rob...@gmail.com

This is Robyn from Shore Fruit, and the Marina and I live on 92 in Rockaway. We have been coordinating the station in front of the Marina at 59th st and have been doing free hot food. We want to continue this throughout the winter in a sustainable way. Maribel from Caracas and I have been trying to organize with Lillian ( the other half of Shore Fruit) to set up the kitchen in our apt on 92 to do free hot food deliveries ( with a pay what you can option for people who have funds and are not comfortable receiving free food) to people in Rockaway on a consistent daily basis throughout the winter. We would like to cover as much area as possible throughout Rockaway.

We would like to open up our kitchen in Rockaway on 92 to start cooking and delivering food as of this wednesday. If you would like to donate time, materials, ingredients or funds to this effort at the moment our needs list is:

Produce, meat, grains and beans for making soup

cutting boards, knives and pots for prepping and pre  paring

rain gear for delivery persons

insulated bags for delivery

volunteers with bikes

generator with fuel

or funds to purchase these items

If people would like to volunteer to cook, prep and deliver they can contact me directly via email or phone 646 691 8013.

And, the way that people can make funds donations is:

Tax deductible donations can be sent to Rockaway Beach Club, 291 Grand St, Brooklyn, NY 11211. Make check out to Rockaway Waterfront Alliance ( A 501C3). Make Sure to write on the memo Rockaway Rescue Alliance Sandy Donations.

If you are a Rockaway resident and would like to have your block or area delivered to, let us know and we will prioritize getting deliveries out to you!

__________________

Carol Pitts

Nov 6, 2012, 11:03:24 AM11/6/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robyn!

Erin is coming by my place today to pick stuff to bring to the Rockaways, I can send over some beans and grains. Should she come by 92 Rockaway or drop it off at Surf Club?

Toy Drive For Children

Dec 3, 2012, 3:11:26 PM12/3/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,
I belong to a group who is organizing a Toy Drive and Breakfast with Santa event at St Francis on 129st in Belle Harbor on Dec 15th from 9am - 3pm.
We are expecting a hugh crowd as we have been told that we may have upwards of 700 Children.  We will have alot of parents as well!!

I am wondering if this is the correct venue to ask if there any Food Vendors willing to donate food to our event.

I am just trying to make this day a sucess and bring a smile to the Children's faces and im worried about being able to provide enough food!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Val Jenter
Hey Everyone,