Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Kru...@aol.com

não lida,
10 de nov. de 2012, 16:14:0310/11/2012
para rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Okay, first and foremost, third attempt here, so please,  someone give me some info?  We are coming down tomorrow from CT with a food truck, prepared to serve 700 breakfast sandwiches as well as staying into lunch with hot dogs and hamburgers for an additional few hundred people.  We really need a good location where this will most benefit people.  We are competely self sufficient, need no supplies, kitchen or anything, so can go anywhere.  We also have additional helpers who can deliver to homebound residents, though we would certainly welcome anyone else who wants to help. Can someone please please give me an idea where this will be most beneficial. We have never been to the Rockaways, so we are flying blind. A little mercy and direction for some people who just want to serve?

Okay, two, and also very important in my estimation.  It just so happens that my husband and the guy who owns the trucks are cops up here in Norwalk. Another cop from their department was in the city the other day when my husband was soliciting donations via email.  Through this exchange, the NY Post became aware of our efforts and made mention of wanting to do a story.  Personally, I am not comfortable with this because I don't want this to look like some photo op for the Norwalk PD, and I don't want it to look like we are some awesome people on our first trip down there,  when there are so many tireless heroes like many of you, in the trenches doing what is right and good every day. Furthermore, my desire is to come feed people and serve in any capacity, not to draw attention to people who may just want to get on with cleaning up.  So my first instinct was to say no to the reporter.  HOWEVER, I would love to hear ideas from any of you on the ground on whether you think there might be some benefit to the press.  Are there parts of NY that need to realize there are still so many needs there?  Will the fact that people have to come from another state to provide food put pressure on the government to get the Rockaways the help it needs? Can coverage of food relief efforts be good?

Please respond!
Blessings,
Tani Gonzalez

In a message dated 11/10/2012 2:43:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, casolari...@gmail.com writes:
Hey Kimberly where are you? Call me! 347 248 6468

Sent from my IPhone

On Nov 10, 2012, at 2:35 PM, Kimberly Bellinger <kimberly....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi can you call me regarding this location ? 303 884 6205

Via cracked iPhone

On Nov 10, 2012, at 2:16 PM, echo...@optonline.net wrote:

8000 Shorefront

----- Original Message -----
From: Kimberly Bellinger
Date: Saturday, November 10, 2012 2:12 pm
Subject: Re: [rockaways-food-relief] HOT FOOD TODAY
To: "rockaways-...@googlegroups.com"

> We are looking for a place to go.
>
> Via cracked iPhone
>
> On Nov 10, 2012, at 8:48 AM, Samantha Casolari
> wrote:
>
> > hello!
> >
> > anyone has information on food coming in today?
> >
> > thanks!
> >
> > Samantha
> >
> > --
> email to rockaways-food-r...@googlegroups.com.
> > Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rockaways-
> food-relief?hl=en.
> >

> --
> food-relief?hl=en.

Samantha Casolari

não lida,
10 de nov. de 2012, 16:29:5110/11/2012
para rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Tani,

For this! Dealing w/ some urgent stuff will get back in 10.

Thanks for the patience!

Sent from my IPhone

Carol Pitts

não lida,
10 de nov. de 2012, 16:33:2410/11/2012
para rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tani,

I have addressed press and PR with the group, please email me directly carolp...@gmail.com and I will work out what needs to happen next...

Updates on the 596 Acres website and Facebook page are from the ground and up to date. Any place listed there will have someone there to meet you and direct you. Needs can change hour to hour. If you show up early to Surf Club or St. Gertrude's Church in the morning or anytime before 4 because it gets dark your effort will not be wasted. If for any reason this slips through the cracks again terms of someone on the ground getting back to you, I would highly suggest picking a time that works for you and GO.

Thank you for your offer and help...

Kru...@aol.com

não lida,
10 de nov. de 2012, 16:39:2210/11/2012
para rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! :-)

In a message dated 11/10/2012 4:30:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, casolari...@gmail.com writes:
Tani,

For this! Dealing w/ some urgent stuff will get back in 10.

Thanks for the patience!

Sent from my IPhone

Kru...@aol.com

não lida,
10 de nov. de 2012, 16:43:1410/11/2012
para rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Carol,

Once again, thank you for your input.  I also directed my friend to the NYCfoodtrucks site per your earlier correspondence.  Okay, so you sort of answered my question.  I do regularly see the lists of drop off places, but wasn't sure if there was a distinction for a truck that is mobile.  OK, so that helps a lot.  I'll email you directly regarding press/PR, or is it easier if I call you?  Or you, me?  my number is 203-855-8336.  Thanks!

In a message dated 11/10/2012 4:33:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, carolp...@gmail.com writes:
Hi Tani,

I have addressed press and PR with the group, please email me directly carolp...@gmail.com and I will work out what needs to happen next...

Updates on the 596 Acres website and Facebook page are from the ground and up to date. Any place listed there will have someone there to meet you and direct you. Needs can change hour to hour. If you show up early to Surf Club or St. Gertrude's Church in the morning or anytime before 4 because it gets dark your effort will not be wasted. If for any reason this slips through the cracks again terms of someone on the ground getting back to you, I would highly suggest picking a time that works for you and GO.

Thank you for your offer and help...

Carol Pitts

não lida,
10 de nov. de 2012, 16:47:1910/11/2012
para rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
I understand.. I am also fwd-ing your email to others on the ground. I will reach out to the coordinator for the truck of NYC Food Truck Association directly and see what she says/what she can do to help you.  Yes, email me about press stuff, or send the NY Post person my email address. I will call you after 7. Thank you, Tani!

Samantha Casolari

não lida,
10 de nov. de 2012, 17:22:4110/11/2012
para rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Tani sorry I need more time!! I'll take care of this but is it ok if I call you or
Email you back in a couple of hours??

I really appreciate your patience!!

Samantha

Sent from my IPhone

Kru...@aol.com

não lida,
10 de nov. de 2012, 17:30:3310/11/2012
para rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, for sure!  :-)

Samantha Casolari

não lida,
10 de nov. de 2012, 17:52:1910/11/2012
para rockaways-...@googlegroups.com, rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tari Can you give me your #?

Thanks!

Sent from my IPhone

Carol Pitts

não lida,
10 de nov. de 2012, 18:35:0910/11/2012
para rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
 Tani 203-855-8336

Samantha Casolari

não lida,
11 de nov. de 2012, 07:37:2411/11/2012
para rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Good Morning!

Do you have info on HOT / PREPARED FOOD coming in today? If so can you please pass that along?

Also we are trying to identify deliveries of hot food / prepared food that will be daily for the next upcoming weeks, in order to create a daily pipeline of food. If you know of places that want to send food daily can you please share?

Thank you everyone!
Samantha

Carol Pitts

não lida,
11 de nov. de 2012, 07:42:1311/11/2012
para rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Good morning Samantha! I am coming in with one volunteer and Tani, trying to leave Bushwick by 10 a.m. She has 700 hot breakfast sandwiches and can stay through lunch and do 200 more meals. She has 30 gallons of gas too. My cell is (917) 627-1318

Carol

Samantha

echo...@optonline.net

não lida,
11 de nov. de 2012, 08:54:3911/11/2012
para rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Bringing hot food to 8000 Shorefront, to arrive @ 2PM
Thanks,
Petr

Samantha Casolari

não lida,
11 de nov. de 2012, 09:54:3411/11/2012
para rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys anyone knows who Petr below is and how to get in touch with him?

thanks!

Kimberly Bellinger

não lida,
11 de nov. de 2012, 11:34:2411/11/2012
para rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Hi I spoke with him yesterday . He is a volunteer . I was at 8000 shore yesterday . I have the bldg managers phone number if you want to coordinate . They now have power in the lobby there .

Via cracked iPhone
Responder a todos
Responder ao autor
Encaminhar