new site for hot food for delivery tomorrow if possible

paula z. segal

Nov 13, 2012, 5:00:27 PM11/13/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
 The PTA President at P197, 825 Hicksville Rd at Beach 9th street in Far Rockaway has requested hot food. She is opening her school as a relief center for her community tomorrow 9-3pm. She says lots of parents of her students evacuated and have just come home to a neighborhood that still has no power. She is going to see how tomorrow goes and is hoping to run the site for the rest of the week if tomorrow goes well. It would be great if some folks would send food there early in the day. We are assembling a small legal team as well.

Zoe Adlersberg

Nov 13, 2012, 5:04:24 PM11/13/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
All -

Please keep me in mind for hot food. I'm going to be running an effort to raise money to get more food trucks out there. Perhaps band with bakers to do food and donated baked goods like cookies, etc.

IF YOU KNOW OF A LOCATION IN NEED, PLEASE EMAIL ME at z...@zoesbook.com

We are going to try to do MID - WEEK (since there seems like so many people come to help on the weekends) AND KEEP THE EFFORT GOING UNTIL END OF DECEMBER.

So…if you know of a specific high traffic, high need area for hot meals…or learn about one in the coming days, weeks, whatever, PLEASE keep me in mind.

THANKS!!

Zoe

Samantha Casolari

Nov 14, 2012, 8:18:12 PM11/14/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com, rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone
I was recently forwarded a request from Saint Francis for SUPPLIES and SALADS. See details below.

Can someone let me know if you can take care of this? Otherwise I will ask else where in case you can't.
THANK YOU!!!
Samantha

Wanted to run a request by you in case you're still in the business of shipping goods to Rockaway -- Brian Lydon who's helping run St. Francis de Sales Church (Beach 129th & Rockaway Beach Blvd) requested some supplies and salads, I figured I'd pass on the word if you have any extra you're looking to offload. Apparently people are starting to return to their homes in Belle Harbor, and as a result they're running low on supplies now.

1) Supplies -- bleach, mops, gloves, brooms, contractor bags, tarps 20x12, generators 3200watts, gas cans, batteries and fashlights, carbon monoxide detectors, garbage rubbermaid 45 gals, tunafish, peanut butter, dog food, tents, cots

2) Salads (folks starting to say that eating pasta everyday is too heavy)

St. Francis is always ready to receive supplies 10am-4pm every day, my contact on the ground is Janice 9176173577 -- if you'd like to send anything there let me know so I can check it off the list.

Sent from my IPhone