Rockaway Rescue Alliance Food/Supply Needs List

Bethany Nelson

Nov 8, 2012, 12:07:41 AM11/8/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Food Needs
1.Spices (Fresh and dried):
-thyme
-dill
-rosemary
-oregano
-parsley
-bay leaves
-cumin
-cilantro
-paprika
-coriander
-ginger
-caraway seeds
-garam masala
-chai
-star anise
-pepper and salt
-chili powder
-cardamom
2. Better than Buillon: veg, chicken, beef
3. Chicken, veg and meat broths
4. Apple cider vinegar
5. Balsamic vinegar
6. Olive oil
7. Honey
8. Lemons
9. Apples
10. Miso
11. Wakame
12. Red cabbage
13. Whole chickens
14. Lamb for stewing
15. Brisket
16. Beef bones
17. Fish
18. Fresh tomatoes
19. Can tomatoes
20. Cannellini beans
21. Butter beans
22. Black beans
23. Kidney Beans
24. Milk
25. Butter
26. Cream
Cooking Equipment
1. Large pots with lids (10 Gallon)
2. Two can openers
3. Two garlic press
4. Coffee maker-French press
5. Super stock/emersion blender
6. Microplane
7. Box grater
8. Four veg peelers
9. Mortar and pestle
Delivery Supplies
1. Paper lunch bags
2. Paper delivery bags with handles
3. Paper containers for salad
4. Quart soup containers with lids
Miscellaneous
1. Bike repair kits
2. Bikes
3. Rain ponchos/gear
4. Snow gear
5. Hand Warmers
6. Bike pump
7. Bike back rack with saddlebags/crate
8. Tarp
9. Heavy duty garbage bags
10. Two Large garbage bins with lid
11. Dish soap

Susan Oh

Nov 8, 2012, 7:04:41 AM11/8/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the list
I'll try to bring most of the materials in
will the equipment we give be a lend and borrow thing?

Nov 8, 2012, 8:07:35 AM11/8/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
We plan on operating throughout the winter and can't guarantee return
for the smaller supplies. However, for the bigger stock pots. We can
keep track and return them. Thanks!
> rockaways-food-r...@googlegroups.com.

Robyn

Nov 8, 2012, 8:17:11 AM11/8/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com, Bethany Nelson, Josephine Shokrian
Thank you in advance for bringing some of these items. Please give us a sense a day or two before of what volume in terms of perishable items we should expect as refrigeration in Rockaway is a problem. We may need to temp store some in Brooklyn.
All best,
Robyn
Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rockaways-food-r...@googlegroups.com.

Alexa Wejko

Nov 9, 2012, 8:01:31 PM11/9/12
to rockaways-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bethany--

I wanted to organize some non-perishable donations from the list above--and can most likely arrange to drive them out by mid-week next week. Questions: do you still need everything/anything on the list? Also, is there a specific time/place you need them dropped off? My boyfriend has a car but would most likely only be able to drive them out in the evening (around 7 pm).

thanks! definitely looking to help!