"Skiping code signing" when building from RoboVM Studio, command line is fine

Olivier Croquette

Apr 8, 2016, 2:05:29 PM4/8/16
to RoboVM
Hello,

when I try to start my application on an iPhone from RoboVM Studio, it fails with the following messages in the RoboVM console:

[WARNING] Skiping code signing. The resulting app will be unsigned and will not run on unjailbroken devices

[...]

[ERROR] Couldn't start application
org.robovm.libimobiledevice.LibIMobileDeviceException: ApplicationVerificationFailed
    at org.robovm.libimobiledevice.util.AppLauncher$1.error(AppLauncher.java:994)
    at org.robovm.libimobiledevice.Callbacks.callInstproxyCallback(Callbacks.java:57)

For one reason, the build system decides to skip the code signing, but I cannot figure out why.

I have even tried to set everything explicitly in the ios/build.gradle:

robovm {
iosSignIdentity = "..."
iosProvisioningProfile = "..."
iosSkipSigning = false
}

It doesn't help. However, from the command line, "gradle launchIOSDevice" starts the application successfully.

I have been troubleshooting for quite some time now, but I am out of ideas and out of leads from Google. Any idea what can be wrong or how I could investigate further?

Thanks
Olivier

Olivier Croquette

Apr 8, 2016, 4:19:45 PM4/8/16
to RoboVM
On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 8:05:29 PM UTC+2, Olivier Croquette wrote:
For one reason, the build system decides to skip the code signing, but I cannot figure out why.

Never mind, I cleaned up the project (git -fdx .), and now everything is working as expected.
Weird bug though.