Grade Export Robotium APK

Haaris Abbasi

May 15, 2015, 8:40:18 PM5/15/15
to robotium-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,
I am a big fan of Robotium for Android testing and have been using it for a while. I am wondering one thing: if I want to have CI in such a way that an APK is generated with gradle for my Robotium test cases, how would I do that? I know how to manually do this in Eclipse and Android studio, but I want to make it so the test case APK gets generated in a CI environment such as jenkins.

Jake Kuli

Jul 1, 2015, 1:24:59 PM7/1/15
to robotium-...@googlegroups.com
I'm running a build of the test APK on our Jenkins server using the following "Execute shell" block:

./gradlew assembleDevDebugTest --stacktrace

This will build an APK of the tests that reside within the "androidTest" directory in your project's source folder. You must also make sure to add the following to your "build.gradle" file.
androidTestCompile 'com.jayway.android.robotium:robotium-solo:5.4.1'