How to Capture the Crashlog using Roboitum

Arun Kumar G

Oct 9, 2015, 9:38:09 AM10/9/15
to Robotium Developers
Hi All,

We need some help on the above one?
I have an app and it has 10 test methods to run .When it runs the 2nd testcases ,the app crashed due to some reasons.Could we print that exception in our testcases or not?.

Just need a way to capture the crash log using robotium tool.

Please let me know .

Thanks
Arun
9916648121

naveed

Oct 10, 2015, 11:43:59 AM10/10/15
to Robotium Developers

Hi,

If app crashes during execution, it gets out of robotium control as app qiuts.

With robotium you can catch crash of your test case not aut(app under test)

Hope you got my point.

Iceman

Nov 26, 2015, 11:37:42 AM11/26/15
to Robotium Developers
So even if you know where the app crash log is you can't manage to get it just before robotium loses context due to AUT crash? As soon as AUT crashes what happens to robotium process? Does it enter the tear down functions or just abruptly stops? Wondering if could help in any tear down functions, maybe screenshot or copying some logs from a location.