Robotium : building test project using Ant when only apk file is available

Jyoti Gajrani

Nov 10, 2015, 10:48:18 AM11/10/15
to Robotium Developers

I have created an Android test project using Robotium. For my own android project, I build the project successfully using following commands :

  1. android update test-project -m /home/jyoti/workspacetry/Puresms/ -p /home/jyoti/workspacetry/ExampleApplicationTesting/
  2. ant clean debug

Next I have created project for a apk file whose project is not available. I changed package name and MainActivity name in both xml and java file of test project. I do want to compile the project in a script using ant. But android update command not working without complete project name to be tested.

So how can i create a test project of Robotium using ant when i only do have apk file of project to be tested.

android update command not working without -m option. How can i give apk/package name of apk to be tested and build test project using ant.

Please Help

Jyoti Gajrani