Robotium 5.3.0 is released!

Renas Reda

Feb 16, 2015, 9:11:23 PM2/16/15
to robotium-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Robotium Developers,

We’ve focused on improving various parts of Robotium. For example the click logic and speed has been improved. We’ve introduced new features like setWiFiData() and fixed bugs in various areas.

New Functionality:

  • setWiFiData - Set if WiFi? data should be turned on or off.
  • setMoibleData - Set if mobile data should be turned on or off.
  • getView(Object tag) - Get a View with a specified tag.
  • getView(Object tag, int index) - Get a View with a specified tag and index.
  • waitForView(Object tag) - Wait for a View with a specified tag.
  • waitForView(Object tag, int minimumNumberOfMatches, int timeout, boolean scroll) - Wait for a View with a specified tag. Set minimum number of matches and if scrolling should be performed.
  • The scroll methods now support RecyclerViews?.

I hope you will enjoy this release!

Best
Renas

naveed

Feb 18, 2015, 1:48:09 AM2/18/15
to robotium-...@googlegroups.com
Congrats :)

Richard Guion

Feb 18, 2015, 9:27:15 PM2/18/15
to robotium-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Congrats! How do you get setWiFiData to work without requiring an AndroidManifest permission change?

I did something on my own and had to add android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_STATE for my instrumentation build.

Renas

Feb 18, 2015, 9:29:44 PM2/18/15
to robotium-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Unfortunately the permission tag is needed. We've added that requirement to the Javadoc.

Richard Guion

Feb 18, 2015, 9:33:12 PM2/18/15
to robotium-...@googlegroups.com
Great! FYI for everyone, if you are using Gradle, you can have different AndroidManifest files for different build types - Manifest merging. Your instrumentation build can have this additional permission leaving your retail build intact without it.