RIDE 0.45 Preview 1 released!

Mikko Korpela

May 30, 2012, 5:23:36 AM5/30/12
to robotframework-users
Hi all,

We have just released a preview version for RIDE 0.45.

http://bit.ly/Ride045PreviewSource
http://bit.ly/Ride045Preview1Win32
http://bit.ly/Ride045Preview1Win64

The major new things in the next RIDE are:
1) Test runner plugin tree is removed and merged in to the main tree view
2) OSX AutoCompletion and popups have been improved to more stable state

Both of these changes are rather big in the UI frontier of RIDE code
base thus there is a risk that something bad has happened as wxwidgets
(the underlying UI toolkit) does work differently in different
operating systems.
To gain better knowledge of the current situation we decided to make
this preview release now.

All comments about the new functionalities and RIDE in general are
highly appreciated!

--
Mikko Korpela and the Robot Framework Core Team

Jerry Schneider

May 30, 2012, 10:46:13 AM5/30/12
to robotframe...@googlegroups.com
Just installed from source on a Mac OS X 10.6.8, Python 2.6.1, wxPython
2.8.8.1. Unfortunately the grid editor doesn't appear at all. See
attached screenshot. The only editor available is the Text Edit tab.

jer
Linux registered user #475536
Ubuntu registered user #28583

Screen shot 2012-05-30 at 7.38.20 AM.png

dschulten

Jun 1, 2012, 9:24:19 AM6/1/12
to robotframe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have found an issue with the tree node editor. Whenever I click twice (not double) to enable the in-place name editor on an element, the in-place editor will not close anymore. Even when I reload the tree, the editors remain active whereever they were opened in the first place.

Furthermore, name changes are not applied to visible tree items which represent files, although the file name is changed, actually.

Windows XP
RIDE 0.44preview45 running on Python 2.6.5.
wxPython-2.8.11.0

Best regards
Dietrich

Mikko Korpela

Jun 4, 2012, 9:45:31 AM6/4/12
to robotframe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback/testing to all that have participated!