Netduino development buddies needed

Budi Mulyo

May 30, 2012, 2:17:30 PM5/30/12
to da Vinci, Robo-Magellan Project
Hi guys,
here's an opportunity to change the way we drive: let's collaborate with WIKISPEED team, an awesome team that bring us 100 mpg car. WIKISPEED needs netduino development to gain some additional fuel efficiency.
the entire world stands to benefit with a few percent increase in fuel economy, which would be awesome

May 30, 2012, 2:24:16 PM5/30/12
to Joe Justice, Robo-Magellan Project, Budi Mulyo
Hi Joe, Budi,

I'm not an Arduino expert but I have a Physics / EE background plus lots of software experience and have been recently tinkering with an Arduino Mega ADK.   I'd be happy to put some hours into this after Robothon.

Paul

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Robo-Magellan Project group.

Check out our project page: http://www.jigsawrenaissance.org/donation/robo-magellan-project/

Budi Mulyo

May 30, 2012, 2:33:34 PM5/30/12
to da Vinci, Robo-Magellan Project, Joe Justice
That's awesome, Paul!!

Wikispeed team, you got Crème de la Crop.

Shubham Shukla

May 30, 2012, 2:41:43 PM5/30/12
to Robo-Magellan Project on behalf of Budi Mulyo
I will be interested too. I have Machine Learning/Optimization background and will be interested to help.

-Shubham

Budi Mulyo

May 30, 2012, 2:51:49 PM5/30/12
to Wikispeed, da Vinci, Robo-Magellan Project
It seems the path of Wikispeed and Jigsaw Renaissance (Robo-Magellan Project team) converged pretty soon. It's going to be a lot of fun. :-D

Folks, we have a netduino project that has passed first level testing- it looks like by modulating the throttle in certain patterns we are able to gain some additional fuel efficiency.

Cool!!

But we need more work, probably 100 person hours of netduino development, to get this to on-road prototype and know for sure if it works. If it does, the entire world stands to benefit with a few percent increase in fuel economy, which would be awesome. Can one or 10 of you kick us off with 10 hours of Netduino development over the next 30 days or so? We would REALLY appreciate it. Please email back to in...@WIKISPEED.com with Budi (celestia...@jigsawrenaissance.org) on the CC to refer a friend or to express your interest.

I'd love to help out too!  I fall half-way between Paul and Shubham -- defected from physics to computer engineering (i.e. hardware) to machine learning to biological neural systems.  And ended up doing OS internals and web crawling and databases and web services.  Go figure.

(Psst!  Shubham needs to send his post to in...@WIKISPEED.com and cc celestia...@jigsawrenaissance.org.)

-- Pat

Budi Mulyo

Jun 5, 2012, 6:07:42 PM6/5/12
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org, Robo-Magellan Project
If you are new to C# perhaps you might be interested in C# Fundamentals: Development for Absolute Beginners. It is not specific to Netduino but is a great introduction if you are new to the language.

Best wishes,,

--
Budi Mulyo

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Jason Garland <jgar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Time to install Windows on an emulator. :)

On May 30, 2012 1:51 PM, "Alan Widmer" <al...@jigsawrenaissance.org> wrote:

Just so no one is surprised / shocked later on; the Wikispeed team is talking about Netduino not Arduino.

The Netduino is a different hardware board and is programed in Microsoft C# language not Arduino's wiring language.

Don't let this put you off though. If you have been looking for an excuse to learn C# this is a great way to pick it up. The development tools are way more powerful than Arduino.
I think that the Netduino requires the free version of Visual Studio Express and only runs on Windows.

Alan

dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
http://groups.google.com/a/jigsawrenaissance.org/group/davinci